forum

Questions about skinning.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HaTiX_old
Well i couldnt find answers for few of my questions so i want to ask:

1.Game Layers.
-First is osu background next is map background so what is the third layer?

2.Colours.
-I'm looking for three colours via RGB pallete, what have same level of luminescence and are not distracting/darkening each other.
Cannot be white, black, gray, purple and pink.

3.Format/size/px.
-If i'm starting by first making hd skin part and want to put it odd W/H like 61/61 pix/inch it will be perfectly placed on middle in hd/sd verions?
-If i decide to start 60x60 pix so 4 pixels in middle are center?
-What is/are differences between .png 8 pix vs .png 16 pix format?

4.Hit score(300,100,...).
-Well in skin are 100/100k/100g/100-0 with are in the game and with are in the ranking panel?
-What size/saturation/look they should have to dont distract in game?

5.Editor programs.
-What other than photoshop people are using for making osu skins because im good in editing but bad in making via photoshop.

6.Lighting/effects.
-Can i get list of editable effects avilable in skin?

7.Approach circle circle.
-To make perfectly accurate skin hitcircleoverlay and approachcircle should touching each other or just be one on second?

8.Slider/Hitcircle.
-Is there any way to force osu to dont show numbers in slider circle/hitcircle?

9.Cursor.
-How to make long cursortrail but to look like one paint brush not like elements/dots.

10. To make full fitable not distracing elements should i put on each additional masking/layer in program or just balace hue/saturation?

11. Dots/numbers/or something original?
-What is easiest to process for brain and will keep eyes on hitcircle placement?
Topic Starter
HaTiX_old
Oh and one more question, is there way to keep spinner-background without forcing skin to v1?