forum

Hello

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
M a h o u
I started playing osumania 4k recently because my friend Zyph wanted me to get into the game. I thought I'd say hello to the rest of the community since I'm really starting to enjoy what it has to offer. Hopefully I'll get to play more games with you guys. I'm also kind of interested in getting a tablet for Christmas because osu standard looks like a lot of fun. Any suggestions from you experienced players? Thanks. :D
Annadine
I also know this game from a friend :>
Mania is cool, but I can't really play anything above 4k :lol: 7k is too trickyy for me.
Also, I think before you buy a tablet, you should try to play std with a mouse for a little bit. So that when you -finally- have a tablet, at least you already know the basic knowledge of how to play osu!, like the tapping style that suits you or the kind of maps that you like to play.
But yeah I think tablet does make osu! feels easier >:D
Welcome to the forums and enjoy osu!~
Zafufu

M a h o u wrote:

I started playing osumania 4k recently because my friend Zyph wanted me to get into the game. I thought I'd say hello to the rest of the community since I'm really starting to enjoy what it has to offer. Hopefully I'll get to play more games with you guys. I'm also kind of interested in getting a tablet for Christmas because osu standard looks like a lot of fun. Any suggestions from you experienced players? Thanks. :D

Welcome. :3 Am a main Mania player here too who does up to 7k. :D So happy to see another around. Like most things you will get better with practice, however I do have one tip to share that really helped me a while back. When first starting Mana, I found the part was getting used to press patterns (like, press key1 and space at same time.) So what broke me into that was making myself complete a normal mode 5K song on sudden death mode. After that, smoothly went up to 7k (And even mess around on 9k too at times.) I'm afraid that's the only advise I can give for getting better, but just keep playing and things should go well. xD Add me if you'd ever like to meet in-game and practice some Mania. :3

EDIT: And sorry if I mistook your question about suggestions. xD

Annadine wrote:

Also, I think before you buy a tablet, you should try to play std with a mouse for a little bit. So that when you -finally- have a tablet, at least you already know the basic knowledge of how to play osu!, like the tapping style that suits you or the kind of maps that you like to play.

Oh, and I agree with this advise too. xD
Topic Starter
M a h o u
Thanks you guys.

I kind of know how osu standard works. I have a friend in real life who likes to play it a lot so it helps to also have that extra help in hand. I'm down to play this game with anyone :). Also, I did notice that it will take some time to get adjusted to this game.
Zafufu

M a h o u wrote:

Thanks you guys.

I kind of know how osu standard works. I have a friend in real life who likes to play it a lot so it helps to also have that extra help in hand. I'm down to play this game with anyone :). Also, I did notice that it will take some time to get adjusted to this game.
It takes time like any other thing, but there's many modes for noobs and pros alike. xD You'll almost always have something to play. Hope you enjoy it here.
Portin
Welcome to the forums, man! :)
Annadine and Zafufu already spoke good tips. Practice a lot and good luck on your journey in osu, my friend. Have fun!
lol
Hey Mahou, welcome! :>

I wish i had an irl friend who played osu :(

Enjoy your time! :)
Axiaan
It not necesseraly to use a tablet to play Osu!, you can play with a mouse, and some players on the top 500 are playing with the mouse.
OK, not a lot, but some. è.é
Welcome here, hope you will have fun with the Mania mod. :p
Topic Starter
M a h o u
So far everything is a lot of fun with the mania mod. Instead of purchasing a new tablet, I did a few hardware upgrades to my machine (mostly faster ram because I found that to be a bit more important that instantly purchasing a tablet). As for learning the fundamentals of Osu standard, I get the gist of it. The main reason why I'm not currently doing so well with the game at the moment is because my eyes aren't currently trained for this type of play. I'm hoping in time I will be able to change that. :)