RSI?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
asuchan97
Played Osu! for like 12 hours straight with minimum breaks, and this happened

Huge pic:
http://i.imgur.com/p8C0R4N.jpg

Should I like, get this checked out? Has this happened to any of you when playing Osu! ?

Edit: probably doesn't help that I'm still playing, maybe I need a break lol
trebby

asuchan97 wrote:

maybe I need a break lol
just maybe
seriously, take a break.
chaee
What am I supposed to be looking at. Doesn't everyone have that little bump thingy
Topic Starter
asuchan97

chaee wrote:

What am I supposed to be looking at. Doesn't everyone have that little bump thingy
No, it's a soft circular lump that never was there before and it actually hurts when I move my fingers, I woke up this morning and it's not gone and still hurts.

I'm thinking it's my bad setup, I read up on how I should be resting my palms, etc. I was doing it all wrong
Rio-

asuchan97 wrote:

Should I like, get this checked out?
yes, especially if it hurts... Then you should get that checked out
OtakGravure
RSI is .... ?
mokyu
󠀡
Nyukai
Suddenly a lot of people has RSI. I do trust them, but it's funny how it appeared xD
deletemyaccount
have fun with your chronic injury over clicking circles
chaee
Get medical help fucking retards
Doomsdaddy

Inyuschan wrote:

Suddenly a lot of people has RSI. I do trust them, but it's funny how it appeared xD
Lol, I don't know if I ever had real RSI, but back in July I had moments during which my fingers were locking up (even on slow maps) or just... well not numb, but had an odd feeling. They never hurt though... I guess it would have evolved into finger-hurting RSI if I had kept on playing. After that (played randomly until October or sth, then quit for 2 months) the feeling went away more or less. I've been trying to stretch them after playing osu since. :P
Topic Starter
asuchan97
Its been like 3 days now and the lump is still there lol
Nuolong

asuchan97 wrote:

Its been like 3 days now and the lump is still there lol
Its been three days and I'm guessing you still didn't get any help
OzzyOzrock
You are going to die.

- WebMD
Green Platinum
Making threads like this should be against the rules. It just makes every fucking hypochondriac who plays osu believe they have RSI.

If you genuinely think something is wrong see a qualified medical professional instead of self-diagnosing.
Rilene
I know a solution what to do.
Do nothing.
And relax.
Friendan

Green Platinum wrote:

Usually it's just people attention whoring, I don't know of that's this OP's intention but a lot of them are "wow I played osu for 30 minutes straight xD im sucj a weeb"

Seriously though, you are going to die
Also playing for a long time in one day doesn't help you git gud 1 hour for 12 days > 12 hours for 1 day
Topic Starter
asuchan97

Green Platinum wrote:

Making threads like this should be against the rules. It just makes every fucking hypochondriac who plays osu believe they have RSI.

If you genuinely think something is wrong see a qualified medical professional instead of self-diagnosing.
I have really bad anxiety, if I went to see a doctor every time I think something's wrong that would make a lot of doctor visits.

But I made the assumption that RSI is a common thing in the Osu! community, I've never had such a lump before in my life and I've only been playing this game for 3 months so I would assume if this is common then at least some people could tell me they've experienced it before so that I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Friendan wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Usually it's just people attention whoring, I don't know of that's this OP's intention but a lot of them are "wow I played osu for 30 minutes straight xD im sucj a weeb"

Seriously though, you are going to die
Also playing for a long time in one day doesn't help you git gud 1 hour for 12 days > 12 hours for 1 day
Far from my intentions, just wondering of I'm overthinking things because I seem to do that a lot.
chaee
Why are you still posting here asking for opinions. Isn't it obvious that you should get that shit checked out? A thread like this doesn't need 2 pages of "seek a medical professional." and "don't assume you have rsi because of some side effects of playing 12 hours in a day like a retard."
Red Lotus
you could get a brace to prevent rsi o.o