forum

[invalid] Community bypass for beatmap aproval.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Painketsu
(Mostly pasted from my reddit post)

Hello!

Jumping straight to the point, I've always though that making a full set with a difficulty spread for maps with a lenght below 5 minutes is kind of a restrain for mappers and unnecesary in some cases, I am aware, though, that this is a needed meassure because, let's be honest, very few people would map Easy/Normal diffs wasn't it needed in the ranking process.

This being said I bring an idea:
Making maps widely aproved by the community be able to skip this rule and be able to advance in the ranking process.

How could this work?

- Using the kudosu system: Setting certain number of kudosu stars being shot by other users, this would not count modding kudosu.

- Monthly pools of BN selected maps.

(There's probably several methods that could make this work but I can't think of more right now, will edit if I come up with new ones.)

Thanks for reading!
Frc
Yeah, let's make the map ranking system even more closed for new mappers (Let's be honest, if you make a great map but you aren't known, you won't get to anywhere, and I've seen plenty of maps like that)

Probably known mappers will stop doing more than their Extra/Insane diff knowing they will get enough kudosu stars just because of their experience and who they are.
Loctav
This will not happen. Sorry.

We want to make every beatmap accessible to everyone and this includes newcomers.
The approval thing does only exist because we understand that making a full spreaded maps with songs longer than 5 minutes is too much to ask for, as we consider the songs as "marathon"-ish from that point onwards. You need to cut the line somewhere. And this line is 5 minutes.

If we could, we would ask for every map to have a fullspread. But we don't, because it would be unrealistic.

Marked as invalid.