forum

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

posted
Total Posts
show more
crystalsuicune

LuigiHann wrote:

oh my gaaaaaawd!

this has the potential to not only be amazing and hilarious, but also to have the tropes of each series iron out a lot of the flaws of the other series.... this could easily be one of the greatest puzzle-adventure games ever
tropes
Now I'll never get out of that website.Why you LH.

Oh well,time for me to save up on a DS3...
LuigiHann
Hey dudes, post over at Capcom's forum/blog to show support for an English translation and release: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog ... _for_japan
Nekoroll
Played all the Professor Layton (Unwound Future was a nice refresher) and Phoenix Wright games. Saw the trailer a couple days ago and I came everywhere.

EVERYWHERE.
Two_old
does this mean no phoenix wright 4? die
NotShinta

Two wrote:

Two_old

NotShinta wrote:

Two wrote:

apollo justice isn't phoenix wright
K2J
Why do people think there's going to be a PW4? Trials & Tribulations ended it very definitively. I don't mind having crossover or other side-stories with Wright in it, but I'd much rather they continue with the obvoius cliffhangers in Apollo Justice.
LuigiHann
I don't think this game will make a difference in terms of future Ace Attorney releases; Capcom is working on Edgeworth 2 now, and this crossover is being made by Level 5.

I do think that if they make a non-spinoff game in the main Ace Attorney series, it will probably be a sequel to Apollo Justice, but it will presumably feature Phoenix himself in a prominent role again. I do like that we have the Edgeworth games filling in a bit of the gap between PW3 and AJ, letting us know what was going on with some of the other characters without really interfering with Phoenix's arc. I sort of hope that the next Edgeworth game takes place a bit later and helps to tie the universe together a bit more as well.

Edit: another thought-provoking update:

Pasonia
-
Sallad4ever
oh my god

OH MY GOD

THIS IS AWESOME
This can't be bad, I'm so going to buy this (English version of course)
Looking forward on how will the two of them on working with each other :D

Edit: lol phoenix can't ride a horse :lol:
Zekira
This can't be bad, I'm so going to buy this (English version of course)
You do heard that there's no plans of having a western release (yet)? Bummer, really, but simply spam the internet with "DO WANT INGRISH PRZZZZZZ" comments and that probably will send a message across.
K2J
They don't have one confirmed yet, but I think it's almost a given that this will make it to English-speaking audiences, just like the rest of both series have.
Mashley
Layton is very popular over here, and Whright has plenty of fans too, so I'd be surprised not to see a western release.
NoHitter

Mashley wrote:

Layton is very popular over here, and Wright has plenty of fans too, so I'd be surprised not to see a western release.
Agreed. Both franchises have pretty much settled into the Western audience.
Sallad4ever

K2J wrote:

but I think it's almost a given that this will make it to English-speaking audiences, just like the rest of both series have.
this is the reason why I have high hope for the English release
Lilac
If not, I bet you there will be a fan-translation that will go up somewhere.
Zekira
and/or English patches.
rust45

Someone subbed the trailer in case anyone wants to see. (Requires Annotations to be on)
Derekku

YouTube wrote:

[3DS] Professor Layton vs. Gyakuten Saiban - Trailer [SUBBED]

BoltGSR | October 19, 2010 | 2,231 likes, 23 dislikes
>>October 19

:I

Still epic, though. :]
Two_old
summer 2012 NA release date
K2J
Source? I can't find anyone saying that...
Jinxy
Does anyone still have the link where Layton's theme song was made into PW style and vice versa?