forum

[resolved] Osu not starting on windows 10 anymore.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashmar
Problem Details:
I upgraded to windows 10 and Osu! still worked then, but now after 1 month or so, It just stopped working. I deleted all my songs, but still nothing. I also tried to uninstall the game, but It gives me the same error as when I start the game. So now I don't know what to do.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://prntscr.com/9b02es

osu! version: 20151128.2
RvNovae
Replace the osu!.exe in your osu! folder with this osu!.exe
Trosk-

Olivarus wrote:

Try to create a new folder in the desktop and move the osu!.exe that Olivarus linked there, and then try to run it. If it's still not working there is something wrong in your PC, probably your NET Framework installation. You could go to the Event viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and see what error it is showing. You could take a screenshot of it, or copy the error log, and then share it here.
Topic Starter
Ashmar
I'm doing some things right now. I'm trying to see If .NET Framework 3.5 is actually enabled, cause I know it must have something to do with that, but I'll reply later when I find something or If It works.
Topic Starter
Ashmar

Trosk- wrote:

Olivarus wrote:

Try to create a new folder in the desktop and move the osu!.exe that Olivarus linked there, and then try to run it. If it's still not working there is something wrong in your PC, probably your NET Framework installation. You could go to the Event viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and see what error it is showing. You could take a screenshot of it, or copy the error log, and then share it here.
Ok, so the osu!.exe didn't work and I found that Application that you meant, but where do I need to look for the errors, cause there is quite a lot. I couldn't make a screenshot because of that, but I probably won't be replying till tomorrow. I'll still try to do something tho. 8-)
Mai Litel Poni
Move all of songs and skins to another folder and reinstall osu!
TheVileOne
You can find osu! event logs by selecting Find in the Actions panel and putting osu in the criteria field.
skeet
I had the same issue as you and finally figured a way around it.
I'm not sure if this step is actually required but I done it and I would try just in case.

1: Create a new osu! folder whereever it may be (mine's on the desktop)
2: Launch osu! and wait for it to crash.
3: Go to update_log.txt and download the DLL file

REPEAT THIS STEP UNTIL YOU GET TO DOWNLOADING OSU.DLL

then:

Go into your osu! folder and show hidden folders (view, show hidden)
Launch osu!

worked for me, gl.

edit: put the dll's into the osu! folder
Topic Starter
Ashmar
Ok, so everyone I want to thank you all for trying to help me, but I already got It to work. I needed to change something in my windows for it to be able to work again. I'm sorry for have taken your time and my bad grammar and that's all I need to say.
StupidNameEver
I have that problem too :( How you fixed it?
Topic Starter
Ashmar
Change your time format to the country you are from