forum

osu! cloud system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elite_panda
hi i think it would be very helpfull if peppy added a cloud backup to save songs on your account and when u go to another pc and log in it downloads all the songs that u stored in the cloud i think that would be cool feature
Igoorx
exaggeration, you can even put the maps as favorite or write in something the ids of beatmaps to download later, or even can create a suggestion to the collections be saved online :v
BlackMidKnight
So what if a player has over 10,000 beatmaps and "that' player is jumping from one computer to another and to another... it would be a waste of bandwidth suggesting that you say "all beatmaps"...

In the end, it's up to the players initiative. They could also backup the .osz file on a local storage - I use cd drives but I can refer you to dropbox if you want a "cloud" storage. The concept is there but it's just "copy-and-paste"...
Ace3DF
Why not just use google drive or dropbox for something like this?
XinCrin
Or buy a supporter tag and you can download your played beatmaps
AGRX
Do you think peppy has money to pay all the storage and bandwidth for that many players syncing their Gigs? My beatmap collection has over 80GB and still I deleted all video and all images bellow 257x257 resolution. I suggest you to buy a cheap HDD and copy stuff you have on one pc and copy it to another.
Maybe add support for other backup services to osu but peppy's servers will not be handling that?

Also this is wrong thread, this thread is where people create stuff not asking for making it or feature request...
make a topic here: 4
Topic Starter
elite_panda

Agrrox wrote:

Do you think peppy has money to pay all the storage and bandwidth for that many players syncing their Gigs? My beatmap collection has over 80GB and still I deleted all video and all images bellow 257x257 resolution. I suggest you to buy a cheap HDD and copy stuff you have on one pc and copy it to another.
Maybe add support for other backup services to osu but peppy's servers will not be handling that?

Also this is wrong thread, this thread is where people create stuff not asking for making it or feature request...
make a topic here: 4
well it can be a paid feature and sorry im new to these forums xD
Topic Starter
elite_panda

XinCrin wrote:

Or buy a supporter tag and you can download your played beatmaps
oh cool :) i might buy the tag soon