forum

Audiosurf 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Senko-san

Kinda surprised I didn't see a thread in the first 3/4 pages of this section on Audiosurf.

Tl;DR, its kinda like CtB on the track for 3key mania. But with way better graphics. And blocks to dodge instead of catching everything.
There a few different modes: Mono and Ninja are basically the same, then theres "wakeboard" where you can jump off the track and do tricks of sorts when the chorus starts or when a large moment in the song happens. Theres also one that has you controlling a person running down a track and dodging under/over obstacles.

Its a lot of fun though, and you don't have to worry about beatmaps because the song auto generates maps for each song. Each runthrough will have the same notes, but the position in the three lanes changes each run.
NaomiMinette
I thought about getting it. It's on my lowest-priority wishlist, though...
Flanster
I've played AudioSurf before, what does 2 have to offer other than the gameplay I get tired of pretty fast?
Topic Starter
Senko-san

LoliFlan wrote:

I've played AudioSurf before, what does 2 have to offer other than the gameplay I get tired of pretty fast?
Honestly not a lot. Guess the replay-ability comes when you find new songs to play and grinding until you get the perfect RNG for the highest score.
California
Is this game supposed to be competitive or something? Maps are different everytime and there's like one other person that played the song I played to compare scores with
Erie
What I like about audiosurf is that it can be one of those unwind kind of games, it's not exactly rage inducing
Defiantly one of my favorite rhythm based games
Sanxu_old
So is there anything, and I mean ANYTHING they added to the game to justify a "sequel" or is it just the decorative eyesore background buildings and changing the gray bricks into black balls?
Flanster
I tried the demo 2 days ago, they added tons of skinning capabilities, but overall feel is meh.
luckyone
Can someone tell me what the difference between this and the first one. I literally see no difference, however i haven't played the first one that much so maybe its just me being stupid :3
KatouMegumi

luckyone wrote:

Can someone tell me what the difference between this and the first one. I literally see no difference, however i haven't played the first one that much so maybe its just me being stupid :3
Nothing, new textures, fixed gameplay (I mean fixed to one mode as you progress).
Though Audiosurf have nothing to deal with rhythm games, even it's pretending to be.
Flanster
Also I dont like how the beat catcher returns to the center if you aren't pressing anything, that is not giving me much control over the track.
Don't remember this behavior in the first game.