forum

'BMS of Fighters' Style Map Creation Events

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tornspirit
For those who don't know, BMS of Fighters is an event held for the Lunatic Rave 2 community where artists, mappers, and video makers come together to create large amounts of original, high quality content. All the songs, art, videos etc. used in all of the charts are made by the community, leaving no copyright problems, and allowing for easy keysounding due to the artist sharing sound files. These aren't low quality, amateur songs either, many of Osu's favourite songs such as Freedom Dive, Calamity Fortune, Ascension to Heaven, etc. come from these BMS events.

So... why don't we hold similar events in Osu? It allows for additional songs to be bundled with the original install, and encourages the creative parts of the community to band together to work on projects. Perhaps there can be some prizes for the best overall map, best (each mode) mapping, best music, best video/storyboard etc.

Probably the only issue I can see with this is the disruption of BN/QAT activity while looking through entries and additional workload in general handling the event; maybe if there's more than the current teams can handle, people can temporarily be selected to judge for an event, allowing skilled community members who don't want the commitment of a full time bn/qat to assess maps.
peppy
We're already working on something similar to this :).
Topic Starter
Tornspirit
o.o that was really quick.

Nice to hear that something's in store :)
Rilene
This is nice but finding a original song is.... Rare.

Though, I can compose simple and shitty songs via sampling.

Mostly osu!mania is lot easier to compose songs by sampling.
BilliumMoto
hyp
-Sandy Corzeta-
Yea, should make a team and order the team try to contact some of indie composer.
A something more like K-Shoot MANIA did would probably awesome. like Shooter Festival.

well, i'm waiting tho. :D
RepHurricane340
I can compose Dubstep(mainly) and some other musics