forum

L.E.D. - KAIROS IN THE SPACE TIME

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
riktoi

Ayyri wrote:

In Normal, isn't 00:05:820 - off screen?

Plus, consider adding L.E.D.-G to tags, since it's one of his more popular aliases.

i guess?

i'll fix those in a sec ya
those should be fine even on the lowest res now

tags added
Hny
Time
00:01:020 (1) - Why this green in here my man?

00:49:420 (1,2,3,4,5) - Now pattern that starts with this:

Is this really the best you can do?
It is structured very simply yet plays out so hard.
I have over 4k pp and i cant even keep a combo on that diff my friend.

I understand that you use the patterns but they are done right only in some places

AGAIN:

Why so much greeeeeen. you dont need to make a slider velocity sector for every freakin slider :D

More to map structure:
Sliders are too simple and their placement is random af:

00:51:420 (5,5,5,5) - These are placed completely randomly arent they?
Topic Starter
riktoi

H0nney wrote:

00:01:020 (1) - Why this green in here my man? volume

00:49:420 (1,2,3,4,5) - Now pattern that starts with this: outro difficulty increase, it's pretty normal

Is this really the best you can do?
It is structured very simply yet plays out so hard.
I have over 4k pp and i cant even keep a combo on that diff my friend. it's not my fault you can't aim these ok

I understand that you use the patterns but they are done right only in some places

AGAIN:

Why so much greeeeeen. you dont need to make a slider velocity sector for every freakin slider :D slider velocity is based on the volume of the echoing sound, or in kiai the other cool sound, also different sampleset for the echo sound and such

More to map structure:
Sliders are too simple and their placement is random af:

00:51:420 (5,5,5,5) - These are placed completely randomly arent they? look at 00:51:020 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - , then look at 00:52:220 (5,1,2,3,4) - . there should be a pattern here that you should be able to notice
ok thx
diraimur
rank when
Topic Starter
riktoi
next sunday
Izzz
Nao Tomori
:eyes:

after having some talk with sergio, we decided that the normal and advanced diffs are quite far from rankable quality. the hard and insane could probably be knocked into shape, but the normal has too many issues for one or two checks to solve.

00:17:014 - to 00:31:420 - is all counterclockwise flow.

00:06:620 (3) - things like this force potentially uncomfortable movement on people who are supposed to be really bad at the game, there isn't much reason for a "sharp" angle here compared to a softer one so it seems like you just planned badly and ran out of space. the massive cs doesn't help either.

00:07:420 (1,2,3,1) - things like this pattern look unstructured due to uneven visual spacing and different angles.

using exclusively straight sliders also cuts down heavily on how well you can express the differences in the song (though there aren't many.) for example, if you used different types of curves for different sliders then it could be used to implement a new level of structure into the map. As it is everything in the map just seems the exact same despite the varying intensity.

the purely 1/1 rhythm, using few repeats or 1/2 notes, also lends itself to this issue where it feels as though this was mapped purely because "oh i need a sub 2 star diff so ill just stick some circles down with ds on." i'm not saying that's how you mapped it, because you likely didn't do that, but that is what it seems like to me.

regarding the theme of using grid snap everywhere in the lower difficulties, i think it would be interesting to do that if you did similar things in the highest diff with a lot of right angles and older style mapping, but that doesn't seem to be the case. as a result, it seems as if the normal was unnecessarily restricted in how you mapped it and it doesn't give off a good effect.

i know you already remapped the lower diffs, but if you want to keep pushing this please consider doing it again in a way that is less restrictive and allows you to fully manipulate rhythm, flow and aesthetics.
Topic Starter
riktoi

Nao Tomori wrote:

:eyes:

after having some talk with sergio, we decided that the normal and advanced diffs are quite far from rankable quality. the hard and insane could probably be knocked into shape, but the normal has too many issues for one or two checks to solve.

00:17:014 - to 00:31:420 - is all counterclockwise flow.

00:06:620 (3) - things like this force potentially uncomfortable movement on people who are supposed to be really bad at the game, there isn't much reason for a "sharp" angle here compared to a softer one so it seems like you just planned badly and ran out of space. the massive cs doesn't help either.

00:07:420 (1,2,3,1) - things like this pattern look unstructured due to uneven visual spacing and different angles.

using exclusively straight sliders also cuts down heavily on how well you can express the differences in the song (though there aren't many.) for example, if you used different types of curves for different sliders then it could be used to implement a new level of structure into the map. As it is everything in the map just seems the exact same despite the varying intensity.

the purely 1/1 rhythm, using few repeats or 1/2 notes, also lends itself to this issue where it feels as though this was mapped purely because "oh i need a sub 2 star diff so ill just stick some circles down with ds on." i'm not saying that's how you mapped it, because you likely didn't do that, but that is what it seems like to me.

regarding the theme of using grid snap everywhere in the lower difficulties, i think it would be interesting to do that if you did similar things in the highest diff with a lot of right angles and older style mapping, but that doesn't seem to be the case. as a result, it seems as if the normal was unnecessarily restricted in how you mapped it and it doesn't give off a good effect.

i know you already remapped the lower diffs, but if you want to keep pushing this please consider doing it again in a way that is less restrictive and allows you to fully manipulate rhythm, flow and aesthetics.
yea

I'll be remapping them again soon, I know they are shit but I can't figure out a better way to compliment the rhythm which is exactly why i struggle

gonna have to study some easies and normals i guess
Topic Starter
riktoi
ok remapped both of the difficulties and i feel they are already better, not sure about the structure in the normal though since it spikes a bit too much now with the kiai. it's more or less an easy before that, but if I want to keep the aesthetic sliders I need to buff the slider velocity and make it denser which is a easy thing to do. if anyone could give me their thoughts that will be nice, i'd much rather make them as good as possible rather than let it rot in it's current state.
Voli
TIME

1. 00:03:120 (4,5) - maybe just make this a triple aswell like 00:02:720 (1,2,3) - for consistency, so the minisliders are more discernable as a separate pattern
  2. 00:03:420 (6) - the percussion sounds in the song are very weird and if you map exactly to them it decreases play quality cuz its such an intuitive rhythm :( i recommend you just make this slider 1/8 instead, it'll feel a lot better
  3. 00:04:020 (3,4) - more spacing plz huge emphasis
  4. 00:11:420 (5,1) - i feel this very low spacing kinda kills the momentum you had goin, perhaps relocate 00:11:820 (1,2,3,4,5) - somewhere else so its not such a small jump (its the same distance as you use for the 1/4 jumps to the sliders ;w;)
  5. 00:29:420 (3) - why did u ignore the percussion 1/4s here? just make 2 minisliders imo
  6. 00:42:220 (3) - remove the claps from the slider after the red tick cuz the sound fades
  7. 00:55:020 (3) - ^
Hard

1. 00:02:620 - I think this intro is too confusing as a start for a hard map, its a struggle even for me to get a feel for the rhythm cuz so many minisliders of different lengths. I suggest you do sth like this https://voli.s-ul.eu/tCOhCTwg
  2. 00:28:620 (1,1,1) - same as in TIME, try playing the map on like 75% and listen to where the claps should be, dont put them on the entire slider cuz the sounds fade in and out, it would give quite a nice effect imo
  3. 00:29:820 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7272239 imo moving the slider like that fits very well and provides for a good flow between the two patterns
  4. 00:41:420 (1,1,1) - claps like b4
ADVANCED

1. 00:06:620 (3) - remove repeat and add a note on the white tick to make strong sound clickable (cuz its clickable everywhere else)
  2. 00:32:220 (3) - same xd
  3. 00:33:420 (2) - u can ctrl j this so it can blanket 00:33:020 (1) - (and then ctrl j 00:33:820 (3) - too to maintain the pattern)

ok gl!
Topic Starter
riktoi

Voli wrote:

TIME

1. 00:03:120 (4,5) - maybe just make this a triple aswell like 00:02:720 (1,2,3) - for consistency, so the minisliders are more discernable as a separate pattern yea
  2. 00:03:420 (6) - the percussion sounds in the song are very weird and if you map exactly to them it decreases play quality cuz its such an intuitive rhythm :( i recommend you just make this slider 1/8 instead, it'll feel a lot better dont really want to skip the 1/6 sound
  3. 00:04:020 (3,4) - more spacing plz huge emphasis yea
  4. 00:11:420 (5,1) - i feel this very low spacing kinda kills the momentum you had goin, perhaps relocate 00:11:820 (1,2,3,4,5) - somewhere else so its not such a small jump (its the same distance as you use for the 1/4 jumps to the sliders ;w;) yeah, moved it
  5. 00:29:420 (3) - why did u ignore the percussion 1/4s here? just make 2 minisliders imo I like it more this way as it gives the slider here 00:29:820 (1) - a really nice kickstart. when it leads to nothing (or a spinner) I emphasized the percussion instead
  6. 00:42:220 (3) - remove the claps from the slider after the red tick cuz the sound fades that works yea
  7. 00:55:020 (3) - ^ yeah, also added spacing to the last one since I just removed the last reverse of the slider
Hard

1. 00:02:620 - I think this intro is too confusing as a start for a hard map, its a struggle even for me to get a feel for the rhythm cuz so many minisliders of different lengths. I suggest you do sth like this https://voli.s-ul.eu/tCOhCTwg did something similar I guess
  2. 00:28:620 (1,1,1) - same as in TIME, try playing the map on like 75% and listen to where the claps should be, dont put them on the entire slider cuz the sounds fade in and out, it would give quite a nice effect imo yea i removed the last reverse again
  3. 00:29:820 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7272239 imo moving the slider like that fits very well and provides for a good flow between the two patterns that's nice
  4. 00:41:420 (1,1,1) - claps like b4 yea to add to this so I don't just keep doing the yea response all the time: I'm avoiding it slightly just so there wouldn't be an awkward start for the slider with no hitsounds or it starting on a blue tick. this way I can make it feel good enough but avoid the rhythmical awkwardness
ADVANCED

1. 00:06:620 (3) - remove repeat and add a note on the white tick to make strong sound clickable (cuz its clickable everywhere else) fixed
  2. 00:32:220 (3) - same xd ye
  3. 00:33:420 (2) - u can ctrl j this so it can blanket 00:33:020 (1) - (and then ctrl j 00:33:820 (3) - too to maintain the pattern) i don't follow uh

ok gl!Thanks
thx
Nao Tomori
low diffs look better to me

fixed some unrankable off blankets

ya
Topic Starter
riktoi
Before the next BN comes in: If you for some reason are intending to instantly qualify this (implying that would happen) please don't. There's currently a very minor snapping error with the slider here 00:41:820 (2) - being 1/8 instead of 1/6. I wanted to post about this because it's such a small problem that it can be fixed at the time right before qualification. Thank you.

edit: a
diraimur
wew rip bubble
Topic Starter
riktoi
popped it for improvements, still have to irc with sergio which i was supposed to do a week ago lolz
Electoz
Just passing by.
You self-popped the bubble but I'll manually pop it again to express my objection on Naotoshi’s bubble.
Note that to get this rebubbled again, you need to do one of these:
  1. Apply my suggestions (or convince me with your reasoning if you disagree) to the point where I find your map acceptable.
  2. Find another BN to rebubble instead of Naotoshi.
I'll ignore snap/timing issues since I don't think they're important as what I'm concerned below.

[NORMAL]

1. 00:21:020 (2) - Off-screen.
  2. 00:28:220 (1) - Would make more rhythmic sense if this is started at 00:28:620 instead.
  3. Tbh this diff plays like Easy, you don’t even have any 1/2 rhythms lol. You need to either buff the rhythms a bit more with *occasional* 1/2 rhythms or just rename this diff to Easy.
[ADVANCED]

1. 00:19:420 (3) - An only reverse slider in this section which proves this variation has been done randomly rather than executing it in a more consistent way.
Tbh NORMAL and ADVANCED is really lacking in terms of structure, I would like to hear your reasoning behind object placements. From the looks I got an impression you don't have any deeper thoughts on placing objects apart from using Distance Snap at all. The variations are executed poorly, and I believe there should be something more creative than your current variations. It's true that your variations might be limited due to rhythms, but there's still more stuff you can do to create better variations like aesthetics, patterning, spacings, etc. (But I still believe rhythm variations in these two diffs can be improved though)

[HARD]

1. Hard and the highest diff barely has any rhythm density difference at all, a nerf is needed. You need to simplify some(if not most) of 1/4 rhythms, keep in mind that Hard is a difficulty where it uses 1/4 rhythms as an introduction to players. For instance, for stuff like 00:06:220 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - I would just not map 00:05:720 - 00:06:520 to reduce a rhythm density (If you apply this then please do so with the rest of the same stuff you did throughout the map) .
  2. 00:28:620 (1,1,1) - This too, in ADVANCED you have a 1/2 repeat slider, and then the rhythm you used here in this diff is basically the same as the highest diff. You need to bridge the rhythm density between difficulties so it scales properly.
[TIME]

1. 00:04:620 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Like, this is supposed to be Insane difficulty I assume? There's more room for creativity than repeating this like idk 10 or more times. And I'm not a fan of your current choice either since 00:05:420 (1,2,3,4,5) - is clearly harder to play than 00:04:620 (1,2,3,4,5) - despite having the same intensity, so it didn't work out really well as a variation.
  2. 00:30:220 (1,2,3) - For this, you introduced a different rhythm in kiai. I understand where are you coming from, and I would like to see this idea (for introducing something different in kiai) being applied in ADVANCED and NORMAL too.
  3. 00:49:420 (1,2,3,4) - Would like to see a more noticeable variation than this.
  4. I know I sounded like I'm making silly demands and I assume you have tried doing this kind of thing already. But it's still not enough to be ranked atm, you need to come up with something else because I can't really agree with things in your mapset at this state.
To sum it up, my opinions on this set are:
  1. The spread is really bad, Normal plays like Easy. Hard has so many 1/4 rhythms to the point where the gap between Advanced and Hard is too big.
  2. This song is really hard to map so if you don't nail the variations perfectly then it's pretty much either hit or miss. (which to me, it's the latter.
I have a few suggestions in mind too but I would like you to figure out what to do with variations for now, as I don't want to override my interpretation of the song on yours. Feel free to ask me if you have any problems though.
Also poke me if you think this set is ready to be checked again, I'm not interested in bubbling/qualifying this, but if I think it's good enough I'll lift my bubble pop (which represents my objection) and let Naotoshi rebubble it, good luck~
Topic Starter
riktoi
will be responding tomorrow, sorry for taking so long
Topic Starter
riktoi

Electoz wrote:

Just passing by.
You self-popped the bubble but I'll manually pop it again to express my objection on Naotoshi’s bubble.
Note that to get this rebubbled again, you need to do one of these:
  1. Apply my suggestions (or convince me with your reasoning if you disagree) to the point where I find your map acceptable.
  2. Find another BN to rebubble instead of Naotoshi.
I'll ignore snap/timing issues since I don't think they're important as what I'm concerned below.fixed those when I popped the bubble, didn't update text afterwards
[NORMAL]

1. 00:21:020 (2) - Off-screen. fixed
  2. 00:28:220 (1) - Would make more rhythmic sense if this is started at 00:28:620 instead. ok
  3. Tbh this diff plays like Easy, you don’t even have any 1/2 rhythms lol. You need to either buff the rhythms a bit more with *occasional* 1/2 rhythms or just rename this diff to Easy. renamed

[ADVANCED]

1. 00:19:420 (3) - An only reverse slider in this section which proves this variation has been done randomly rather than executing it in a more consistent way. yeah that was a mistake, there isn't a reverse elsewhere
Tbh NORMAL and ADVANCED is really lacking in terms of structure, I would like to hear your reasoning behind object placements. From the looks I got an impression you don't have any deeper thoughts on placing objects apart from using Distance Snap at all. The variations are executed poorly, and I believe there should be something more creative than your current variations. It's true that your variations might be limited due to rhythms, but there's still more stuff you can do to create better variations like aesthetics, patterning, spacings, etc. (But I still believe rhythm variations in these two diffs can be improved though) I don't really know how much I can say about this; I could be writing a huge paraphrase but it's simpler to say that I just have trouble figuring out a proper structure for these difficulties. This is simply the best I can do.

[HARD]

1. Hard and the highest diff barely has any rhythm density difference at all, a nerf is needed. You need to simplify some(if not most) of 1/4 rhythms, keep in mind that Hard is a difficulty where it uses 1/4 rhythms as an introduction to players. For instance, for stuff like 00:06:220 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - I would just not map 00:05:720 - 00:06:520 to reduce a rhythm density (If you apply this then please do so with the rest of the same stuff you did throughout the map) .
  2. 00:28:620 (1,1,1) - This too, in ADVANCED you have a 1/2 repeat slider, and then the rhythm you used here in this diff is basically the same as the highest diff. You need to bridge the rhythm density between difficulties so it scales properly.
[TIME]

1. 00:04:620 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Like, this is supposed to be Insane difficulty I assume? There's more room for creativity than repeating this like idk 10 or more times. And I'm not a fan of your current choice either since 00:05:420 (1,2,3,4,5) - is clearly harder to play than 00:04:620 (1,2,3,4,5) - despite having the same intensity, so it didn't work out really well as a variation.
  2. 00:30:220 (1,2,3) - For this, you introduced a different rhythm in kiai. I understand where are you coming from, and I would like to see this idea (for introducing something different in kiai) being applied in ADVANCED and NORMAL too.
  3. 00:49:420 (1,2,3,4) - Would like to see a more noticeable variation than this.
  4. I know I sounded like I'm making silly demands and I assume you have tried doing this kind of thing already. But it's still not enough to be ranked atm, you need to come up with something else because I can't really agree with things in your mapset at this state.
To sum it up, my opinions on this set are:
  1. The spread is really bad, Normal plays like Easy. Hard has so many 1/4 rhythms to the point where the gap between Advanced and Hard is too big.
  2. This song is really hard to map so if you don't nail the variations perfectly then it's pretty much either hit or miss. (which to me, it's the latter.
I have a few suggestions in mind too but I would like you to figure out what to do with variations for now, as I don't want to override my interpretation of the song on yours. Feel free to ask me if you have any problems though.
Also poke me if you think this set is ready to be checked again, I'm not interested in bubbling/qualifying this, but if I think it's good enough I'll lift my bubble pop (which represents my objection) and let Naotoshi rebubble it, good luck~
I feel like i'm being told the same things over and over again. Doesn't mean I can fix them even on the 49204th time if I don't know what to do.
Topic Starter
riktoi
now nobody will know
Topic Starter
riktoi
send help
Kantan
ok
Topic Starter
riktoi
thanks it really helps me
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.