forum

Half time replay [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
lchgeorge
I sometimes miss a sequence of closed beat, especially in large BPM map
Also, I want to see what I missed in the game
However, there are only 1x and 2x replay. I cannot see what I missed clearly.
Therefore, I suggest that adds HALF TIME MODE replay to watch other's replay and my own replay.
Is it possible? I just say what I want. Thank you.
FireballFlame
Will probably be denied as you can watch the song at 50% in the editor.
Gabi
He is suggesting that he wants to see his replays in half time, not the song.

Anyways, i don't really see this usefull, i can see clearly what i miss in normal speed.
Derekku

FireballFlame wrote:

Will probably be denied as you can watch the song at 50% in the editor.
The editor is not meant to be a test mode for ranked maps.

This is sorta related to this save for the fact that that one is for failed replays instead of any replay. Regardless, I really don't agree with the need for a halftime replay mode, but I can imagine how it might be useful to some.
FireballFlame

Gabi wrote:

He is suggesting that he wants to see his replays in half time, not the song.
Yes, I know, but I mean... if you miss a note because of a misclick, would knowing the exact note you missed help? To get better, you'd have to practice the pattern as a whole anyway. And if you miss because you didn't understand the pattern, you can analyze it in the editor.

Derekku wrote:

The editor is not meant to be a test mode for ranked maps.
I've seen several people do that...
Numbbi

Gabi wrote:

Anyways, i don't really see this usefull, i can see clearly what i miss in normal speed.
I second that. So no support to this.
HarryHy

Numbbi wrote:

Gabi wrote:

I second that. So no support to this.
Just because you can see it fine, doesn't mean that the OP can. He must have use for it, so I don't know why not.

I have never seen osu!'s source, so I have no idea how double-speed is made ..... but from an assumption half-time would probably be very similar and would (probably) not require a ton of new code.

I personally would like it.
mekadon_old
You mean like Touhou? lolno
Watching a replay at 1/2 is such a waste of time, anyway since you can actually watch at normal speed so, no for me.
Kitsunemimi
Pretty sure there was a really old old request for pausing replays, and other playback control options, not sure if it was denied or not. But I personally think the playback options would be better... too lazy to search for thread.

In other words, I don't really support this idea.
Feno_old

Harris73 wrote:

Pretty sure there was a really old old request for pausing replays, and other playback control options, not sure if it was denied or not. But I personally think the playback options would be better... too lazy to search for thread.

In other words, I don't really support this idea.
You are correct, I couldn't find any other thread stating that this has been denied so this should be somewhat accurate.

viewtopic.php?p=36977#p36977

peppy wrote:

Ehhhh.. This would be there if it was that simple. "undoing" scoring just isn't possible with my current game engine, and adding this in will be a very major change. Just thinking about this brings pain to my brain.

I won't say "no" to this, but I will say "not soon".
Now, this was 2 years ago so things may have changed.