forum

My Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan video is up! Please enjoy!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hey all, I do an import review called 'You Can Play This' on That Guy With The Glasses dot com.

This week I did Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and I mention this site. Please enjoy the video and let me know what you thought of it.

http://blip.tv/file/4247160

Sincerely,
JewWario
NotShinta
Oh hey, I was a fan of JewWario for a while. Glad you've done this, should promote this amazing game to some people.
Pokebis
As something posted in the General Discussion forums I didn't expect a whole lot, but I found this to be very informative and professionally done, despite the fact I already know about the subject. I haven't heard of you before, but I do occasionally feel like there isn't as much info on import games as there should be, so you may as well consider me a new fan. Great job!
Gabi
Could you maybe upload this to youtube aswell? Because i'm getting major lagg for some reason watching the video on that site.
LuigiHann
Just moved this over to the Video Games section. Nice overview.
Behon
Oh snap, we have a TGWTG reviewer on the forums! Hopefully you'll post here more than once, because you'd like this game too.

My school has Blip blocked, but I'll be sure to watch it when I get home. I remember watching another of your import reviews a while back (I can't remember which one. Maybe Super Robot Wars or something similar?) and enjoying it.
adam2046

Pokebis wrote:

I found this to be very informative and professionally done, despite the fact I already know about the subject.
Pretty much this with the exception of the kitty part, which I was extremely puzzled by and will probably still be puzzled by on my death bed.
Although this segment doesn't quite seem aimed at me as I've already read extensively about the games featured, but as a basic overview of a series and information on the various interesting aspects as an introduction to someone who may not know much/anything about them, it is really well done.

I gave up on watching anything on TGWTG though since the videos took forever to load and by the time I had got anything loaded and watched it, there was another new video out about something interesting. Repeat endlessly, rage quit.
Behon
I get the feeling that KITTY is a reference to an older episode of his, or a running joke.

Really good job overall. I liked the little touch at the end of having the player tap too early and a 100 showing up.
Pokebis

Behonkiss wrote:

I get the feeling that KITTY is a reference to an older episode of his, or a running joke.
It appears to be. One of his older episodes was over Hokuto no Ken and also discussed a bit of Melty Blood in which he kind of went apeshit when he saw nekoarc. Seems like a simple trademark-type gag he does, although I'm never quite sure who those things are meant to appeal to.
I don't like TGWTG too much save for maybe Ashens, except most of his good content isn't even on the site. Maybe I should check out some other people on the site to see if there's anything else worthwhile there.
Behon

Pokebis wrote:

Behonkiss wrote:

I don't like TGWTG too much save for maybe Ashens, except most of his good content isn't even on the site. Maybe I should check out some other people on the site to see if there's anything else worthwhile there.
Nostalgia Critic is awesome. Everyone else goes all over every spot on the quality spectrum.
Ekaru

Behonkiss wrote:

Nostalgia Critic is awesome. Everyone else goes all over every spot on the quality spectrum.
Pretty much this.

You can tell when my brother's watching the Nostalgia Critic because there's no quiet place in the house due to his insane, noisy laughter.

EDIT: Also, I couldn't view the video for some reason. I probably need to update some things.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
@gabi: I will do that tonight. I prefer blip because it's how I make my living... but I completely understand.

@LuigiHann: Sorry. Thanks.

@Behonkiss: I do plan to post more than once. Wanna support you all. And I'm glad you caught the '100' part! And yes, I did move the sound a bit off to be kinda' accurate. GLEE! Someone noticed!

@adam2046: Yeah... the 'kitty' is an in-joke to my viewers. But if you watch my other videos... ;)

@Pokebis: There's a wide range of people on TGWTG and not everyone likes everything. But I do suggest finding people you like and supporting them. :)

@all: Thank you for watching my video and commenting. Please send your friends. Also, if you have any suggestions for games PLEASE let me know. I can't buy them all, but I do own many and am always happy to try something out for a new video.
adam2046

JewWario wrote:

Also, if you have any suggestions for games PLEASE let me know. I can't buy them all, but I do own many and am always happy to try something out for a new video.
Hmm, something like Project Diva or the original Rhythm Tengoku might be a good idea. (Both are rhythm games again though...)
For something in a different genre, maybe one of the Another Century's Episode games.
Behon
Maybe the DJMAX games that haven't come out in the States?
Zekira
Please send your friends.
Eh?
DerKork

Zekira wrote:

JewWario wrote:

Please send your friends.
Eh?
I read it as "let your friends know that this review exists". But of course, I - being not a native speaker - may have gotten him totally wrong.

By the way: It's been his review that finally made me create an account over here and play Osu. (I was tempted before but the review tipped the scales in the end...)
Azure_Kite

Behonkiss wrote:

Maybe the DJMAX games that haven't come out in the States?
Yes, yes and yes.

Also, Yes.