forum

Playing without a pen nib

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Houtarou Oreki
I started playing with a tablet about 2 weeks ago. Everything is cool, but I wonder: does playing without a nib have any negative effects? Tried it and it's pretty much the same. I hover however sometimes I touch the tablet a little bit in spaced streams (I'm using such a grip it doesn't affect anything at all but gives a feel of control). Is the pen going to get broken or something from dragging it lightly?
buny
no
The Gambler

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

I started playing with a tablet about 2 weeks ago. Everything is cool, but I wonder: does playing without a nib have any negative effects? Tried it and it's pretty much the same. I hover however sometimes I touch the tablet a little bit in spaced streams (I'm using such a grip it doesn't affect anything at all but gives a feel of control). Is the pen going to get broken or something from dragging it lightly?
Unless you use the pen itself for clicking, in which case yes. If not, no.
Topic Starter
Houtarou Oreki
Alright, thanks
Blueprint
Saves making another topic somebody tell me is there anywhere or would you recommend any extra durable nibs (how the pros do it idk but)
My pen nibs just turn to crap after not even long which causes inconsistencys, ps I'm heavy handed
ZenithPhantasm
The only disadvantage is you wont be able to drag to scroll in the menu.
buny

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

oh the humanity

but seriously, if you own a pen with side buttons you can avoid this
ZenithPhantasm

a loli wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

oh the humanity

Its not like OP is gonna be the next oxycodone. 8-)
sottovoce
Felt like there was a lot more friction when I tried it, the nib definitely isn't purely aesthetic.
Topic Starter
Houtarou Oreki

a loli wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

oh the humanity

I can scroll lists etc by touching the tablet with a pen, osu!tablet still registers it even without nibs, idk about other tablets/pens :v

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Its not like OP is gonna be the next oxycodone. 8-)
I don't like DT, so you're right B|