forum

Big Notes don't give double points anymore?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nightstalker
Hey, did I miss something? I am pretty sure that the big notes gave double-points in the past once you hit them with both red or both blue keys. But it seems like they don't do that anymore, since I recently tried it out, and recognized, that it doesn't matter if I hit them perfect, slightly off or with only one button instead of both. Can someone explain this to me? Is it just me or did it got deleted from the game?
OzzyOzrock
No, they still do. However some keyboards are very, very bad at registering them, so you may be unlucky and have one of those

A big note still gives x2, with a gray hit on a successful hit giving the points of hitting a regular note, and not double hitting it also being the same score as a regular note.
Topic Starter
Nightstalker
Thanks for the answer. But for some odd reason I first recognized this weird change happening while I was watching a replay of someone playing a marathon map. That's when I saw that he was double hitting them but never got any 2x points for them. I even changed my skin to the original skin to see if it's maybe a mistake caused by the skin, but the thing still appears to be the like that. Something is definitely wrong with my game, especially when you say that they still give double points... hmm.... any ideas what this could be? Because the chance of someone's replay you're watching having the same issue is rare. What could've gone wrong with my game?
roufou
it just happens with some keyboards, a lot of the time you will get double points even if it shows up as normal points.
Dusalty
Sometimes when there's only slight difference in timing between key presses it doesn't add them together.
Let's say double hit would grand me 600 points and there's that slight timing difference. Instead of showing that I got 600 it shows I got 300 twice in rapid succession and newly gained scores overlap in display.
lolcubes
For you to see double points during gameplay/replay, you need to press both keys at the same frame (having a low polling rate helps here). Otherwise you are still awarded the points but you just don't see it.