forum

osu! existential crisis

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sayorie
Sometimes when I play, my mind just wanders off and then I eventually click circles mindlessly while pondering about what I am doing with my life and why I am clicking pointless circles and sliders that I see on my screen.

Then I realize that I just FC'ed the map :kappa:
This especially happens when I play mania though

Does this ever happen to you?
Aiona
This happened to me all the time.
But I never FC'ed anything //cries
Stefan
Mapping something and find it great for first. Then starting to doubt on myself and getting back by getting motivated just to throw everything back. My crisis cycle is awful.
Bara-
I have it too >___>
I have mapped 1k maps at least in ny mind
I have yet to realise one of those
I have a love for "I have" at the start of a sentence
A Medic
Sometimes I begin playing......

....only to question why I'm still playing.
- Marco -
I'm even doing it right now D:
Piine
Happens not only in osu for me, but for other games. I guess it's natural for gamers I guess.
Pringle
Me, all the time. Literally.
Mismagius

Stefan wrote:

Mapping something and find it great for first. Then starting to doubt on myself and getting back by getting motivated just to throw everything back. My crisis cycle is awful.
This is my mapping career in a nutshell
abraker
I always have osu! open. I'm beyond infected and nearing the point where I am considering to sell my soul to osu!

PLEASE HELP!!!

What I tried doing:
- Not playing didn't help. The urge is too stonk
- Uninstalling didn't help. The game "magically" comes back the following day
- Tried blocking https://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!install.exe. I thought I blocked it for the 253rd, but this time for sure!
- Asking the community for help. Results pending...
Topic Starter
Sayorie

abraker wrote:

I always have osu! open. I'm beyond infected and nearing the point where I am considering to sell my soul to osu!

PLEASE HELP!!!

What I tried doing:
- Tried blocking https://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!install.exe. I thought I blocked it for the 253rd, but this time for sure!
abraker

Arthraxium wrote:

abraker wrote:

PLEASE HELP!!!

What I tried doing:
Doesn't that fall under the first thing I tried?
Shohei Ohtani
do what I did and develop crippling depression, caused by work-related anxiety and the resurfacing of negative life events. That'll keep you off osu! forever

But it has a side effect of making you wish for a slow and painful death, as pain is the only thing you can feel anymore.
Wuxo
when ever i try new game i ask my self „what I'm doing with my life“
abraker

Reditum wrote:

do what I did and develop crippling depression, caused by work-related anxiety and the resurfacing of negative life events. That'll keep you off osu! forever

But it has a side effect of making you wish for a slow and painful death, as pain is the only thing you can feel anymore.
Or on it if you prefer it over getting drunk
ZenoDiac

Arthraxium wrote:

Sometimes when I play, my mind just wanders off and then I eventually click circles mindlessly while pondering about what I am doing with my life and why I am clicking pointless circles and sliders that I see on my screen.

Then I realize that I just FC'ed the map :kappa:
This especially happens when I play mania though

Does this ever happen to you?
Yes, I the same phenomenon happens when I play piano, but mania and piano are quite the same.

But in any case, this phenomenon happens with most people that are used to perform some kind of routine task.
"I can do it in my sleep" saying probably comes from this. Your mind doesn't need to concentrate so hard on the task at hand anymore, because you are so accustomed to it and is left to ponder off as it wants...