forum

Nintendo Direct (November 12)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Main video:

Watch AFTER:

Note: Please keep in mind that what I list isn't what was all announced. Also, everything is in alphabetical order instead of what was announced in order. Anything with [★] are new games. Anything in red are important dates.

Wii U

[★]Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
  1. November 13, 2015 (along with other Animal Crossing amiibo)
  2. Comes with a bundle featuring two Animal Crossing amiibo
[★]Fast Racing Neo
  1. Early December 2015
  2. High-speed racing game that's a homage to the F-Zero series
  3. Has online multiplayer
[★]Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
  1. November 20, 2015
  2. Has online multiplayer
  3. Compatible with amiibo which can also be used online; you can change their stats somewhat similar to SSB4's system
[★]Pokkén Tournament
  1. Spring 2016
  2. Arcade-style fighting game featuring Pokémon
  3. Shadow Mewtwo is a game exclusive; featured on an amiibo card that comes with early copies of the game
Splatoon
  1. New gear has been added as of now
  2. New stages are coming:
    1. Museum d'Alfonsino (added tomorrow)
    2. Mahi-Mahi Resort
  3. Will continue to offer updates until at least January 2016
[★]Star Fox Zero
  1. April 22, 2016
  2. More-or-less a remake of the original Star Fox games
  3. Compatible with amiibo
Super Mario Maker
  1. A new portal website you can access on-the-go will be released in December 2015
  2. It features a more robust search system than the in-game one
  3. Any levels/courses you choose as favorites on that site will automatically link up to your game so you can access those courses/levels more easily
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
  1. Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII will join the roster
  2. Uses Limit Breaks
  3. A stage involving the world of Final Fantasy VII including its Summons and a new Mii costume--Chocobo--will also be available
  4. A special Super Smash Bros. broadcast will come in December 2015
[★]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  1. March 4, 2016
  2. Compatible with these amiibo:
    1. Toon Link
    2. Zelda
    3. Link
    4. Sheik
    5. Ganondorf
    6. Wolf Link (also coming March 4, 2016)
  3. Official soundtrack offered as a pre-order bonus
[★]The Legend of Zelda Wii U
  1. 2016
  2. Any saved data on the Wolf Link amiibo can be carried over to this game
[★]Xenoblade Chronicles X
  1. December 4, 2015
  2. Four free download packs are available right now for those who are getting the physical version; they help speed up the game, but the packs are huge in size
  3. Pre-purchasing and pre-loading the digital version of the game is available now which will include all of the download packs

3DS

[★]Bravely Second: End Layer
  1. Spring 2016
  2. Sequel to Bravely Default
[★]Final Fantasy Explorers
  1. January 26, 2016
  2. A MMORPG-style Final Fantasy game
  3. Trained monsters can join you if you don't have enough players when playing locally or online
  4. All free DLC that was released in Japan will come with the game already
  5. A Collector's Edition will be available which contains the following:
    1. A copy of the game
    2. An artbook
    3. A 20-track CD
    4. A 3DS hard case (to hold your 3DS)
    5. Exclusive quests that unlock legendary Final Fantasy weapons in-game
[★]Fire Emblem Fates
  1. February 19, 2016
  2. Compatible with the Fire Emblem amiibo
  3. Can purchase either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, then you can download the other version at half price; a third path called Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation can be purchased in-game
  4. A Special Edition containing all three paths will be available; will also contain an artbook and a 3DS XL pouch
  5. More DLC will be available later
  6. You can pre-order map packs which will cost less compared to buying each map individually
[★]Hyrule Warriors Legends
  1. March 25, 2016
  2. A port of the Wii U version but with new content, particularly characters:
    1. Tetra
    2. Toon Link
    3. King of Red Lions (King of Hyrule from Wind Waker)
    4. Skull Kid
    5. Linkle (a new character that uses dual crossbows and close-range kicks)
[★]Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
  1. January 22, 2016
  2. Mixes the Mario & Luigi series of games with the Paper Mario universe
  3. Uses a new card system which affects battles
  4. Compatible with these amiibo used to create powerful cards in the game:
    1. Mario
    2. Luigi
    3. Peach
    4. Yoshi
    5. Toad
    6. Bowser
[★]Megaman Legacy Collection
  1. February 23, 2016
  2. Contains the first six Megaman games
  3. Has a Museum Mode to view art, some of which are 3DS-exclusive
  4. Has a Challenge Mode which remixes the games
  5. 11 3DS-exlusive challenges can be unlocked if you use the Megaman amiibo; a gold Megaman amiibo can also be used (which comes with the Collector's Edition)
[★]Pokémon Picross
  1. Early December 2015
  2. Another free-to-start Pokémon puzzle game; crosses over with Picross
  3. Has Mega Evolutions
Pokémon Red, Blue, & Yellow (3DS Virtual Console)
  1. February 27, 2016
  2. Any and all Link Cable features will instead use the 3DS's wireless communications
[★]Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
  1. November 20, 2015
  2. Features all 720 Pokémon
  3. Be able to choose from 20 in the beginning
Tri Force Heroes
  1. Getting a free update on December 2, 2015 that adds the following:
    1. Den of Trials, a dungeon that lasts for 30 floors which has checkpoints
    2. New costumes:
      1. Lineback's Uniform
      2. Fierce Deity Armo
captainmilk
I was waiting for this thread to be made, thank you.

Nintendo needs to announce something about the upcoming Legend of Zelda for Wii U, any news about the game would make me happy. As for the 'leaked' Twilight Princess HD remake, I hope it happens. I'd be nice if they added new features too, like how they did with the Majora's Mask 3ds remake. I don't care about the SSB4 DLC anymore, I just want another Mariokart 8 DLC, I doubt it would happen though.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Rebmare wrote:

I just want another Mariokart 8 DLC
I've been wanting this ever since six months have passed since the last pack! I'm like... why hasn't there been any announcement yet?!
OzzyOzrock
Inklings in Mario kart plz
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just as long as it's not just amiibo costumes...
Green Platinum
I hope it is ditching Federation Force and bringing us a console gritty Metroid game
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just a heads up: I won't be home when the Direct starts, so someone else is free to post a video link or two and a list (if a site provides it).
Mao
I want new information on Mario and Luigi Paper Jam considering it will come out in less than a month here lol
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
You guys are lucky... That's a "must buy" game for me ._.
Green Platinum
I'd be so much more hype for Paper Jam if Sticker Star wasn't a thing. It looks to be more like the Mario & Luigi RPGs and there hasn't been a bad one of those yet.

People are also thinking Twilight Princess HD may be announced. Interested to see how the speedrun of this will look considering WW vs. WWHD. No big stuff like BLJA, EMS and BIT should change it a lot, I ran TP might do so again for TPHD.
Mao
I am still worried about Paper Jam tbh, it looks like it has a similiar lack of story and orginal characters like Sticker Star did :/
Anyways the Japanese Amazon lists a set of stickers a preorder bonus and one of them says "Secret" so I am still hoping.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Paper Jam will follow the Mario & Luigi series of games, anyway. If anything, I just wanna know how it compares to past entries (completely disregarding the Paper Mario series).
Green Platinum

Blazevoir wrote:

Paper Jam will follow the Mario & Luigi series of games, anyway. If anything, I just wanna know how it compares to past entries (completely disregarding the Paper Mario series).
Done by the same devs at least. The paper mario aspects look straight out of sticker star so I wouldn't be surprised if they took some inspiration from it.
Mao
That's what I mean, the Mario and Luigi series used to be full of original characters and great story and this still looks so dull compared to the other ones. In that meaning I am comparing it to Sticker Star's fate...
-Maus-
Green Platinum
The pokemon announcements and TPHD are the only definite buys from me. Zelda U while I wish there was more I probably still get.

What if Zelda was a girl?????
Crimmi
Lanturn
Didn't see that one coming. I'm pretty hyped.

Also the RPG lineup for the Nintendo systems is looking pretty damn good. Looks like this winter will be pretty busy for me.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Completely updated the OP.

Needless to say, this Direct got me extremely hyped (particularly the new stuff coming for already-released games).

EDIT: This just now occured to me. If they're making amiibo for the DLC characters, does that mean Cloud will get one too?
sumire98
i am still praying for Shantae to join the roster ;___; Nintendo apparently said the new DLC would be a first party one, but then wild Cloud appeared... so WHO SPREAD THE RUMOR
Green Platinum
While I think Shantae could be a valuable addition I think it'd have to be in the next game as she isn't big enough to generate the hype DLC characters do.
cyrus9898
I'm lying in wait for the Smash 4 announcement, its itching at my brain so much...