forum

New song selection menu style?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lemonosity
Hey all,
So, backstory, I was messing around with my phone settings, changing how it looks n' stuff, and realised that there are two types of menu displays; one in a kind of list form, the other showing the icon image and nothing else. Then I got an idea; would this work in osu?

Basically, instead of having a list w/ the song name/diff/star rating/image preview if you have it enabled, we have just like a menu screen with just the map background images, like you would on a generic phone menu?
I personally think it would look a lot cleaner, and would save questions like 'oh what's that map with the upside down anime girl on a scythe?' (happystick 2015)
Perhaps if you hover over the map it would show you the map name.

What do we think?
Bara-
I like this, but due to the way Thumbnails work quite impossible
It takes the thumbnail from the web, thus unsubmitted maps cannot have thumbnails and such
Topic Starter
Lemonosity

Baraatje123 wrote:

I like this, but due to the way Thumbnails work quite impossible
It takes the thumbnail from the web, thus unsubmitted maps cannot have thumbnails and such
oh...really? I thought that they were present in song files. does it not use that for previews?

edit: if it did, it could have just a default picture, or even just the song name in text where the picture would have been.
Bara-
Good solution
I agree with this completely then!