forum

Streaming directly on osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
-[Cow]-
As the title say,
There should be a streaming button for osu! for osu!'ers who cant use OBS,XSplit,etc. (I personally cant since Im using Windows XP sp2 x86)
Like on minecraft?
FrzR
Reminds me of steam's broadcast system but I think this isn't needed imo. OBS is a user-friendly application that is easy to use. You should really upgrade to Windows 7 if you want to stream your gameplay as Windows XP is pretty much outdated and may perform slower.
Topic Starter
-[Cow]-
Win7 Crashed so I moved into Winxp :I
Kayla
I recommend upgrading operating systems.
Hakj3r
I recommend moving to Windows 10. It's really well made OS. I can even say I didn'd experienced the input lag on it (and I have this Windows form August).
Bara-
Will take up ridiculous amounts of server load, spectating is fine for this matter, if you want friends to see you play (or send them the replay file), but recording it and such will not likely happen
Karuta-_old_1

FrzR wrote:

Reminds me of steam's broadcast system but I think this isn't needed imo. OBS is a user-friendly application that is easy to use. You should really upgrade to Windows 7 if you want to stream your gameplay as Windows XP is pretty much outdated and may perform slower.
It depends on the hardware really, lots of hardware 9 years ago can run on windows 7 but may experience issues or slow downs (being supported doesn't mean that it will run well like what everyone is facing with the new osu! stable)

the OS wouldn't matter much but newer softwares are abandoning XP however you can try and use older software that supports it, and also there are some newer commands in programs that does not exist in windows XP, I think I heard from TheVileOne that you may not even be able to submit your score in the future

I am just surprised that the OP is using windows XP SP2 instead of SP3, I mean how do you even skype on that

By the way windows XP is supposedly dead for gaming in 2011, dead for business in 2014, but still better than windows 8,10 (in my opinion)

Ontopic: Even if osu! supports streaming, your computer won't be able to handle it anyways