forum

Song wheel irritation [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gemi
After returning to the song wheel from playing a song all of the categories are closed. The category of the current song should be open and the song wheel view should be at the song that was played. For example if I use the difficulty sort and play a song from the 3 stars category, for example Ice Cap Act 1, then play it and the return to the song wheel, the list of 3 stars songs should be open and the list should be at the point where Ice Cap Act 1 is in the list. It's not a big change but it's a big deal, and I'd be very happy if it was fixed before the next public release. <3
ROMaster2
I'm sorry, I didn't get what you said.
Topic Starter
Gemi
Okay, I'll ty to make it even easier to understand.

Step 1: Open any music sort method, for example the difficulty sort. Now you see 5 categories, one for each difficulty rating 1-5.

Step 2: Open one of these categories, for example the 3 star category.

Step 3: Go down the song list in the category and select a song, for example Ice Cap Act 1.

Step 4: Play the selected song. You can play it to the end or you can just hit esc and select 'back to menu'.

Step 5: The song wheel now shows the 5 difficulty categories, but the previously opened 3 star category is not opened and the song list is not at the selected song, Ice Cap Act 1. This is the problem, it should be at the song that was played.
adamskii_uk

Gemi wrote:

Step 5: The song wheel now shows the 5 difficulty categories, but the previously opened 3 star category is not opened and the song list is not at the selected song, Ice Cap Act 1. This is the problem, it should be at the song that was played.
You must have found a bug in Osu! because when I have played a song, it then goes back to the exact song in the list that I last played within the category of my choosing (ie. 4 stars). You should try reinstalling Osu! to see if this fixes your problem since Osu! shouldn't be doing what you described.

BTW, have you updated to the latest version of Osu! (b337)?
peppy
Don't worry Gem, I understand your problem. May not be fixed for this release (because I am trying to get it out ASAP), but will definitely be solved soon. Tis on my list.
Topic Starter
Gemi

adamskii_uk wrote:

BTW, have you updated to the latest version of Osu! (b337)?
Ofcourse

peppy wrote:

May not be fixed for this release (because I am trying to get it out ASAP), but will definitely be solved soon. Tis on my list.
Thanks. <3
peppy
The strangest part is I actuallly fixed this bug yesterday while fixing another bug :).
Topic Starter
Gemi

peppy wrote:

The strangest part is I actuallly fixed this bug yesterday while fixing another bug :).
I'm not sure if that meant that it should now be fixed, but it isn't. And the same also happens when checking the result screen of a past song made in the song, but I think it's the same problem.
peppy
Well you're going to have to explain the exact scenario where it happens, because its fixed for me.
Topic Starter
Gemi

peppy wrote:

Well you're going to have to explain the exact scenario where it happens, because its fixed for me.
Was just posting a reply with the exact situation which I tested a few times before posting, but then I decided to restart the game once more. Now I am unable to replicate the bug. Interesting, since I did not update anything between the closing and starting of the game. Anyway, the situation where I got this was the exactly same one as described above, but with the category of 1 starred songs and the some Super Mario song.
Topic Starter
Gemi
So, this is now happening all the time now. It's killing me. Maybe you reverted it or something?
peppy
You still haven't given me an example step-by-step!
Topic Starter
Gemi

peppy wrote:

You still haven't given me an example step-by-step!
It's in the second post that I made in this topic. The situation hasn't changed at all. Most of the time I use the difficulty sort to sort song and after playing the song it comes to the screen with category closed. Probably same problem with other sorting styles too, but don't really use them so can't say without testing. And most of the time I use keyboard, not mouse, for scrolling.