forum

Suggestions for a new Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
szeysse
Heya there! ,

(Probably this kind a of thread is quite often here , so I apologize in the first place)

I am currently looking for a new keyboard, because I'm starting to feel uncomfortable playing on my "QPAD MK-50 Blues". I've got this keyboard because of the suggestion of an old friend of mine and I was happy for the time being, but after (I think) about 2-4 Years, I would love a new Keyboard with red switches. Games I play are basically CS:GO, Osu and Final Fantasy (controller) - at least right now. I want this new keyboard for work (programming - IT student here ^^) and for gaming f.e. osu (mostly) , but I don't have the biggest amount of money saved up yet and I still looking for someone to buy my headset/keyboard right now, so I can purchase a new one. But for the time being, I want to look for a new one right now, so that I have it easier later on.

TL.DR. Looking for a cheap Redswitch mechanical Keyboard, because haven't sold my old headset/keyboard yet and dunno, how much I'll get for them.

What I've found so far is, that qpad and cmstorm are quite popular in the "mechanical keyboard industry" , but are there others, which are good ?

Hopefully somebody can suggest me something :3 (As price limit, I will just say 0€-120€, the cheapest/best reviews I will take - I guess, so post any you know is good, would be the best! )

love, cya <3
P.S. I somehow want a fancy looking keyboard the lights under the keys, but somehow I don't. :)
Sayorie
You can opt for ten-key-less mechanical keyboards; they are a lot cheaper than their full-key counterparts, in exchange for having no numpad. I suggest Corsair K65, or instead, I think CMStorm also has a 10keyless one (not really; the numpad and arrow keys are just integrated). Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (also tenkeyless) is also quite cheap, but I'm just not so sure about the quality though. However, it's the most convenient mechanical keyboard to bring because it's very light and the cord is detachable. :3
Topic Starter
szeysse
or should i get a rubber dome?
Jarvis

JeyMi wrote:

or should i get a rubber dome?
Rubber dome aren't good for long term, Sometimes inconsistent and breaks easily
A Medic
Look for a decent brown switch keyboard.
Topic Starter
szeysse

A Medic wrote:

Look for a decent brown switch keyboard.
Well, if you could tell me one, that would help me more than this comment so far. I know, what the specific switches do and which to use, I just don't know which actual keyboards are good or which are cheap and still are good.
amazin1
Razer blackwidow 2014 tournament edition. EZ PP.
Topic Starter
szeysse