forum

[Solution] Do your FPS Completely Unlimited with new update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Midori no Sora
You know, lower FPS causes input delay and nobody likes it. With new update, they deleted the Compeletly Unlimited Frame Rate Setting and our FPS locked to 240 in menu. For changing it:

1) Go to your osu! folder (Generally C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!)
2) Find your CFG folder and open this. Generally "osu!.[your Windows Account name].cfg"
3) Find these command lines:

FrameSync = Unlimited/Limit120/Limit240
FrameSyncGl = Vsync
CustomFrameLimit = 240

Change these commands to:
FrameSync = CompeletelyUnlimited
FrameSyncGl = CompletelyUnlimited
CustomFrameLimit = 9999

If you will change like that, your frame rate will be unlimited in everywhere and if you changed your frame rate by mistake with F7 button, you can change this to 9999 fps with pressing to F7 again. I hope this will help you ^.^
Sorry for my bad English :c
Trosk-
Why would you want to have unlimited FPS in the menu? If you select Unlimited (Gameplay), the framerate will not me locked while playing, when the framerate is actually important. I don't get what's the point of having 2000fps in the menu.
Topic Starter
Midori no Sora

Trosk- wrote:

Why would you want to have unlimited FPS in the menu? If you select Unlimited (Gameplay), the framerate will not me locked while playing, when the framerate is actually important. I don't get what's the point of having 2000fps in the menu.
240 FPS and 5 ms input delay are embrassing me that doesn't matter I'm playing or in menu when I can get 2500 fps and 0.5 ms input delay.
iAmAgEnT47
Yo, this actually fixes my framerate from capping at 60 fps. Im currently using a Windows 10 and well this fixed it
serbia
I tried putting it to 9999, restarted multiple times to no avail
Death
Just keep your frame limiter on "Unlimited (Gameplay)" if you want unlimited FPS, there is no real need for that high of an FPS on the menu or song selection screens.

If you are experiencing some other issue related to FPS, please make a new thread. This one is 3 years old.