forum

[invalid] delete only the downloadable data instead of all bss data when deleting a map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Constantine
as the title said, sorry if i cant explain it properly / if there's any grammatical error

if you delete the mapset, it will delete only the downloadable data on BSS (*.osu and *.osz files).
so when you get linked to one deleted map, it will show the last status of the map, with the download links being disabled / deleted, just like copyrighted / DMCA'd maps

e.g (only downloadable data that got removed):
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/192528

but it wont be searchable both on mapper's profile and web (and google too if its possible) after the mapset deleted
Bara-
No
Just delete it all
If you want to delete your own map, and everything is still visible, what's the point into really deleting it?
Also, where does it get the info from?
There is no .osu present, thus the site is unable to extract meta-data/length/bpm etc. from the file, as this is all stored in the .osu file
Myxo
What is even the purpose of this?
Mao
I don't really get the message here, if you delete the map after it's graveyarded or let it get deleted due to a bug, all that stuff is gone o:
Myxo

Mao wrote:

I don't really get the message here, if you delete the map after it's graveyarded or let it get deleted due to a bug, all that stuff is gone o:
Yeah and he is requesting that it is still visible, just not downloadable.
Mao
Ah I see
Yauxo
You could create your own music, map it, upload it, rank it and then dmca claim it.

That'd work...
Topic Starter
Constantine

Desperate-kun wrote:

What is even the purpose of this?
for historical purpose
ok sorry, maybe this thing is not really that important, for "proof of existant", more like referral things that it did exist

some maps use referral links to a deleted mapset, such like 6v4 or the real original Big Money (not the reuploaded one, even if the one that got reuploaded are real originals) so you could know what's there, bla, and proof(s) that a new uploaded map already got modded when the original (deleted) mapset still exist, or anything else (i know, searching at the forums will work for this, but i think this feature will clear these cases easier than before, especially when the forum topic (title) is changed)

sorry if it isnt clear enough

Baraatje123 wrote:

No
Just delete it all
If you want to delete your own map, and everything is still visible, what's the point into really deleting it?
"only when you enter the direct link of the map" so the deleted map won't show up even when you search for it on web

Baraatje123 wrote:

Also, where does it get the info from?
There is no .osu present, thus the site is unable to extract meta-data/length/bpm etc. from the file, as this is all stored in the .osu file
it ain't fetching info from the *.osu file anymore, but it'll save the last info from the map to somewhere else, to where? i dont know, if this feature got implemented, it's up to the dev

Yauxo wrote:

You could create your own music, map it, upload it, rank it and then dmca claim it.

That'd work...
uh
Yauxo
Oh, so you mean that you just want to have some sort of "unlisted" upload, like youtube has?
Topic Starter
Constantine

Yauxo wrote:

Oh, so you mean that you just want to have some sort of "unlisted" upload, like youtube has?
more or less

with "deleted contents" inside
Stefan
There is no point to delete a beatmap if you still want to provide informations of it - which is basically only the map thread and the creators words. Just leave it in the graveyard if you won't continue to work on your map.