forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bestelle

Neo@lex wrote:

tl;dr other than broken classes like Pyro.
You have no idea how hard I just laughed.
Mara
Topic Starter
NoHitter
I hate heavies.
Tatsuo
Heavies are fun to backstab.
500th post. Woo.
Sushi

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

Heavies are fun to backstab.
This.

Btw, Eternal reward + Cloak & dagger ftw.
WhoAteFred
BTW, Dead Ringer + Saharan Spy set = so much damn fun.
Tatsuo

WhoAteFred wrote:

BTW, Dead Ringer + Saharan Spy set = so much damn fun.
I agree with this.
dkun

well then
FisHie_old
It's me! :O
Mara
IMO there should be mixed PL(R)/CP/CTF/ARENA/KOTH
0_o

LunaticMara wrote:

^
WhoAteFred

LunaticMara wrote:

^
...unless it wasn't 2fort.
Nharox

LunaticMara wrote:

^

And yay, not a stupid 32 player server.
0_o

Nharox wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

Actually yeah, this.

And 2fort is the only ctf map I actually know my way around in :<
roleykatsu

0_o wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

Actually yeah, this.

And 2fort is the only ctf map I actually know my way around in :<
^. 2fort is easy to get used to in about 1 hour of initial play on that map; I got used to the pathways/tricks to the enemy base/intel rather quickly.

Speaking of 2fort..
WhoAteFred
Well, if we have to take out a game mode, I guess Arena isn't that bad of a choice. It's just that 2fort takes FOREVER to win. Well, maybe if there's a reasonable time limit.
(So sad I still can't play TF2 for the entire month.)
Crakila
I will add the server to my fav's but don't expect me to be in there...What am I kidding, of course I will be in there!
couch boy
i know i'm a bit late time-wise to say it, but post-wise it's not that far back.

lol at everyone raging about arena.
seriously.

i play it almost exclusively and think it is by far the best play mode.
all you need is a medic, and any mix of classes will do, so long as each player is competent in their own right.
just have the med stick with a solly or heavy or whatever and heal up anyone that needs it.
also, i think that people are overlooking the fact that there's a very good reason you don't just run up and shoot a heavy with your pistol as an engineer. the idea of arena is to get a manageable portion of the enemy team into an encounter where you can play to your strengths and guarantee a win. and then repeat until you win.

also, if anyone in australia (or around thereabouts) plays tf2, maybe we could get a game going sometime, but then again, it depends on the numbers.

feel free to add me on steam or check out my profile
WhoAteFred
To me, it's not that I hate it, it's just that I like it the least. (barring insta-spawn 32 slot 24/7 2fort)
Lilac
I still haven't got my laptop back.

Also, I use Eternal Reward and Dead Ringer. Best combo to cap intel if no engineer buildings block your way. Did it 3 times in a row before. 8-)
zsr123

:)
Zeverage
To anybody who's trying to get strange items, rather than using keys on crates and hope to get the item that you want, search the steam forums and trade the key to someone who has the item that you want!

I wish I found that out earlier before I used 2 keys...I got 2 spy revolvers, WHAT IS SOMEONE TO DO WITH SPY REVOLVERS!?!?! @_@
Lilac
I'll trade for vintage stuff.

Providing you have the L'Etrager.
Zeverage

Lilac wrote:

I'll trade for vintage stuff.

Providing you have the L'Etrager.
Nah, only found 2 default revolvers, I don't think there are strange L'Etranger's, I wish there were though, because it's the pistol that I use
Lilac
Meh, I'll take it.

Though I won't be on TF2 for a while though...
Zeverage
Steam name the same as forum name, message me whenever
Topic Starter
NoHitter
@zsr123
Managed to pull of a Spy Enforcer rush once in payload.
I was actually shocked that we steamrolled the other team :/
A overhealed heavy is no match for 5 spies shooting him simultaneously with Enforcers 8-)
roleykatsu
45 minutes of playing cp_dustbowl 24/7 later...

Also I don't get how Fast Respawn Control Point maps work. But I guess that's why I spent 45 minutes trying to figure it out how do they. Nope, still don't get it.

I then got a Liberty Launcher drop acquired. Hmmn. Pretty good way to end a game session.
Ephemeral
they work by spycapping and strategically timed ubercharges.

true story.
Lybydose

Roley wrote:

Also I don't get how Fast Respawn Control Point maps work.
they dont
MDuh
just started about 2 weeks ago, and my inventory is almost full -_- with 5 crates which I don't mind opening.. :3

Remco32
Those 'players' w/o an avatar are bots, FYI.
Lybydose
ProTF2.com always has bots, avoid. Actually generally just avoid any servers that are all grouped as the same host/website/community/whatever if there are a lot of them (like 5 or more). Most of the time you just get bots. Usually the player count appears to be 23/24 every time as well.

There's some console command to check who's a bot, but I forgot what it is. Easy ways to tell if there are bots:

1. People are taunting waaaay too often and in situations where no sane person would ever taunt.
2. The medics on your team are retarded
3. No one is a sniper or spy (servers with real players always have like 20 snipers and spies I swear)
4. People don't act like idiots while waiting in the spawn room for the game to start. Bots tend to just stand there, spam taunt, and charge up ubers. Real players will jump around randomly, stand in odd spots (spy especially), shoot each other, try to light the other team on fire as a pyro, suicide taunt with soldier, zoom in on enemy team players as a sniper, spam the "Spy!" voice command, etc etc
Topic Starter
NoHitter

MDuh wrote:

just started about 2 weeks ago, and my inventory is almost full -_- with 5 crates which I don't mind opening.. :3
Blasphemy! How do you get low ping on US servers?
Incidentally we do have a PH server. It goes down sometimes though.
Remco32
Anyone has any server recommendations? Preferably vanilla servers with a max playercount of 24. Oh, and it must be located in Europe, for the sake of a decent ping.
foulcoon
If there is any interest I have a dedicated server that is practically not doing anything. I set up a tf2 server but the way i'm launching it requires me to remain connected via SSH until I find a way to run the server as a service. The server is East Coast-ish USA (located in Michigan). Guaranteed to be better than dkun's, if you guys actually want me to run it.
Ivalset
How dare you talk shit about dkun's server.

Heretic.
foulcoon
But its an east server

and it has better hardware than dkun's

and its an actual dedicated server
Ivalset
Nah, I'm just kidding. Fuck that dkun guy.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
I'm spoilerboxing this for those who'll just post "Heavy is awesome" or "Deal with it".
I want an objective reply to what I'm going to post below.
Why Heavies should be nerfed
Anyone else feels like those kills Heavies makes are not earned enough?
Among all other classes Heavy takes least skill and at the same time gives most points in most situations.

You might have guessed it, but I'm a heavy hater. The only time I go heavy is if I use my melee or shotgun only. I never use the primary.

With the advent of the Tomislav, Heavies can now get the element of surprise which is in my opinion OP. The surprise factor of the Tomislav makes more than enough for the less bullet damage per second. Hell, the damage decrease isn't even noticeable during play.

From the start, the Heavy was imbalanced to begin with. No other class without a medic can face him equally in close combat - which happens a lot especially in small rooms in a lot of maps. No Heavy theoretically will attack mid distance. (Though I see some who do. Easy kills for me as Soldier then.) I think the only two classes who can confidently kill the Heavy (Spy and Sniper) need surprise and distance for the latter.

Basically almost all match-ups tend to favor the Heavy. If one team Heavy-medic rushes, the other team needs to be of better skill, or needs to Heavy-medic rush too.

I suggest Valve lower his HP to 250.
Ok. I just needed to steam of my anger. But my rant still stands.
show more