What could be in the crate-woh yeah robot hats lame
Outsanity

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Or... A regular crate.
Galkan

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Which were shit to begin with. I wonder why people still wear them instead of regular hats >_>
OzzyOzrock
only one's they have or to match a set perhaps
SephRaz
I played TF2 for a long time and i still don't know why people love hats so much.
OzzyOzrock
WE HAVE A NEED TO LOOK COOL OKAY
0_o
Then you clearly have not really played TF2.
Vish024
There are only two types of people in this world, cool people and people that don't wear hats.
Clypeus_old

SephRaz wrote:

I played TF2 for a long time and i still don't know why people love hats so much.
Because combinations like Pink Party Hat + Pink Marxman are too fucking amazing.
Flanster
I haven't played so long, Steam says I need to download 2GB worth of updates.
That's a lot of hats.
Clypeus_old

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

I haven't played so long, Steam says I need to download 2GB worth of updates.
That's a lot of hats.
And Steampipe.

:x
Galkan

That sounds interesting, lads. Any ideas?
0_o

Galkan wrote:

That sounds interesting, lads. Any ideas?
OzzyOzrock
deja-vu
0_o

Shameless viewfarm, I want that achievement dammit.

But yeah, rocket jumping is fun.
OzzyOzrock
ROBOT HATS ARE OUT
0_o
Backpack expanders are on sale for $0.99

This is honestly my favourite part of the update. Be sure to stock up, there's some nice profit to be made a few months after the sale ends.
Galkan
Quality Unboxing / Quality English

I sooo hoped for an unusual hat with new effect :V
Rukario

Galkan wrote:

Quality Unboxing / Quality English

I sooo hoped for an unusual hat with new effect :V
It can't always be like last year's halloween.
Galkan
Yeah, it could have been even better :D I'll save some robocrates for later, in 2 months time the price will skyrocket to salvaged level.
0_o

Galkan wrote:

Yeah, it could have been even better :D I'll save some robocrates for later, in 2 months time the price will skyrocket to salvaged level.
I really don't think they'll go that high tbh (any time soon, at least). When they become rare they'll have had 5 weeks as very common drops. By then, the hype about the robo-hats will die down (there are really only a few that people really want) and people just won't care that much about them anymore.

I'm planning on selling mine the day they're made rare while everyone's freaking out about them.
Vish024
So I've played some casual scrims here with a few randoms and friends, enjoyed it. Might consider getting into the competitive scene once I land a better pc.
Galkan
Contrastion

Galkan wrote:

I laughed at this. It's great.
Apex_old
Anyone want trade for an Your Eternal Reward? My acount is called apexe_
Galkan

Apex wrote:

Anyone want trade for an Your Eternal Reward? My acount is called apexe_
http://scrap.tf/ unless you mean strange variant.
0_o
I just found myself on a server with Tobias Funke, a popular spy on Youtube, on the other team.

SO PARANOID
Vish024
Another season, another crate. And another godamn key I'm probably gonna have to buy. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME VALVE?
Chokladboll
Am I the only one in this world who thinks the majoity of the tf2 community are a bunch of immature fucks?
Rukario

SmashPixel wrote:

Am I the only one in this world who thinks the majoity of the world are a bunch of immature fucks?
Fixed that for you.
Vish024
That stuff exists in every community, everyone makes a song and dance about it but it's not gonna change anything.
0_o
Holy crap.

This has the potential to be the greatest update of all time.
Rukario
Lilac
To be honest, I hope they could get new weapons in along with these sorts of changes to existing weapons.

I could see why they also stopped the set bonuses as they definitely got too good for their own measure but removing them out right would feel like people would be extremely cheated.

Nevertheless, I agree with the picture above.
0_o
Well the post says that the sets will be giving a different kind of bonus that doesn't affect gameplay. So maybe a particle effect or something? Either way, the ones who own the set will be compensated somehow.

I am a bit worried about the Sniper and Scout sets, though. Headshot protection is a pretty big deal; I suppose it would be ok if they put it on the Sleeper, but I hope they make it headshot resistance instead.

As for scout, I feel like the +25hp bonus would only be balanced on the Shortstop, but that would mean you could equip the Pocket Pistol and be at 165 hp, which would be ridiculous. The only way I could see it working is if they removed the hp bonus from the Pocket Pistol.
Galkan
Vish024
Yay they finally fixed Egypt, now it might actually be possible to cap the second stage for the blu team when red has about 10 engies with stuff all on top of those godamn arches. The best way to fix Hydro would be to remove it from the game according to me. Only thing I'm slightly worried about is the marked for death on the escape plan, I love pulling it out when in a sticky situation and just fleeing, and also the changes made to the glorious wrangler "slightly" reducing its accuracy. All things considered this is a huge update, might have the potential to piss a lot of people off.
Apex_old
Jarate is one of the most overrated weapon in TF2. Long recharge(24 goddamn seconds), and what's the function? Fire extinguisher and Mini-crit inducer for 8 seconds? We can't really hit the enemy and the change of getting lit by fire is actually quite small as we would be dead before we were extinguished, or after the fire is extinguished, we get lit again.
0_o
a) Against a flamethrower, sure, but it's great for dealing with distant flare shots.
b) You're only considering the jarate's use to you. If your team's around, you can easily turn the tide of an incoming assault just by looking at the crowd and pressing M1.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
*throws Jarate*
*brings out Bushwacka*

^ That's why I use Jarate.

And don't underestimate the minicrits. I can two noscope hit a Scout under Jarate, as opposed to three which may be all it takes to survive or not.
show more