forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
theowest

Nharox wrote:

Galkan wrote:

Are they just putting Killing Floor in this game?
Nope.
it actually sounds a lot like it.

yeahyeahyeahhh
Just a litttttttle bit longer @_@
theowest
So my TF2 just finished updating.

but it's too late to play...
Jinxy
To get the "incredible loot" you have to do missions apparently

And to do missions you need a ticket for $0.99
Tenshi-nyan
Copter-kun
MvM was terribly disappointing sadly, I was expecting much more things from it.
theowest
Add me on steam if you need someone to play with.
theowest
Topic Starter
NoHitter
/joins MvM Coop

Waiting time: 56 minutes

30 min later -> Waiting time: 40 minutes

1 hr later -> Waiting time: About 1 min.

2 min later -> Waiting time: ?

1 min later -> Waiting time: 8 minutes

Mara
It's Valve. Nothing works perfectly on the first day.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
>> Connects to server FINALLY!

>> Connection failed after 4 retries.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theowest
Search for the server manually, it's easier that way.

So if you use plugins such as !radio on a server, the server will crash.
That's what we did when all of my friends wanted to join my game. c;
Alex311360
Anyone wanna play with me on it?
I got a Squad Surplus voucher (only 1 though :<) so we can all use it on Mann Up
Alex311360
Alex311360
so I went and looked at the prices of every mann vs machine item

ok, now I know I'm collecting all of them and then selling them all 8-) (Golden weapons will prob be worth keys too, maybe even more)
yeahyeahyeahhh
yeah, I traded a buncha items for keys and those keys for dota 2 keys lol
Failed
MvM is boriiiiiiiiing
0_o
Well I've been loving it. Haven't done any Manning Up yet since I'm waiting for the trading price of the tickets to go down, but it'd be awesome if we could do a TEAM OSU! TOUR OF DUTY some time.
Jinxy
then SB the tour into an EBA style map!
theowest

0_o wrote:

Well I've been loving it. Haven't done any Manning Up yet since I'm waiting for the trading price of the tickets to go down, but it'd be awesome if we could do a TEAM OSU! TOUR OF DUTY some time.
sign me up.
Drakari_old
I'll join in on that.
Rukario
I'd be in
Alex311360
In.
Very horrible PC though, and I have a squad surplus ticket too
0_o
Dunno how much ping we'd have with some of you if we played together.. though if there's enough people then we could always have two groups.

Anyway, any particularly fun/effective builds you guys have tried yet?

I just finished a round as bison-only soldier. Holy crap is that thing awesome when it's fully upgraded. Tears through crowds like butter, huge clip, super fast reload, no ammo to worry about, it KILLS tanks, and it crits like a beast. I was shocked at how viable I actually was without using my rocket launcher. Try it out on decoy or coaltown, it's super fun.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Scattergun + Milk scout.
Upgrade +25 HP first.
Then go for Bullet/Blast resistance.

I was able to take Giant Heavies head on with that.
Drakari_old
Maxed damage Phlogistinator. Mmmph charges up in an instant.
Rukario
Maxed Liberty Launcher Soldier, the rockets fly so fast you barely see them and the reload is fast. And don't foget the buff banner to kill Tanks in mere seconds.
Still gotta try more with Pyro and Demo. Engi is a pretty standard deal. Heavy with maxed Brass Best or Huo-Long Heater is pretty good too.
rust45
MvM's great fun, but all I've really done is just messing around with different sets. Direct Hit's pretty great for soldier though, it already has great damage and upgrading the projectile speed makes them go really fast. Sure you have less splash with it, but for taking down giants and tanks, it's great.
0_o
Who else has tickets? I've just acquired 6, so I would be up for giving Mann Up a go this weekend if you guys are.
rust45
Sorry, no tickets, unless you were willing to give one of those, which I doubt you would.
theowest

rust45 wrote:

Sorry, no tickets, unless you were willing to give one of those, which I doubt you would.
0_o
aww

well they seem to be going for around 1.66 refined right now, but I got all mine for 1.33 with a bit of patience, so if you wanna go the trading route it's not tooo bad.
Drakari_old
I'm willing to buy tickets for myself, though I don't have any right now.
0_o
Well if not enough people wanna get tickets we don't have to; lets just do a boot camp session.

I'm free all day tomorrow, so if there's a particular time that works for you guys..?
Drakari_old
I don't have any particularly time-sensitive plans this weekend.
rust45
Same here, except the Kartparty in the evening.

EDIT: If we get enough people willing to get tickets, I'll get a ticket. I can shell out the 1 buck.
Galkan

NoHitter wrote:

Scattergun + Milk scout.
Upgrade +25 HP first.
Then go for Bullet/Blast resistance.

I was able to take Giant Heavies head on with that.
Extended commentary, but here we have movement Scout instead of resists:

0_o wrote:

I just finished a round as bison-only soldier. Holy crap is that thing awesome when it's fully upgraded. Tears through crowds like butter, huge clip, super fast reload, no ammo to worry about, it KILLS tanks, and it crits like a beast. I was shocked at how viable I actually was without using my rocket launcher. Try it out on decoy or coaltown, it's super fun.
I am fully confirming it, I played a couple of rounds with Righteous Bison and that is a superior weapon in MVM, even when you don't have strong team. I only wonder whether Cow Mangler 5000 is that overpowered either.
0_o
If anyone who wants to join hasn't added me yet, please do so ^_^
0_o
How does exactly 4 hours from this post sound to you guys?
Drakari_old
I should be able to make that.
rust45
Already told you I'd be able to make that.
0_o
OK so we have me, Rukario, drakari, rust, and rust's friend. theo hasn't responded so I'm assuming he's asleep, so we have one more spot. Any takers?

Starting in 20 mins.
show more