forum

Category/genre in osu direct

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +426
Topic Starter
Zalmez
As you read in the topic it would have been great to have the the genre in osu Direct, yes vi have it on the web version, but it would be a lot easier to discover new beatmaps without having go into the browser and find the osu page then find the genre you want.
Where to add it in? It dosen't even have the space for it!

My answer to that question is to move or remove the "Show already downloaded maps" feature. I have never used it myself and probably won't ether, if you want a map you already downloaded it's just to find it in your beatmaps list or search for it there. I think osu direct is made to find new maps, not find the once you already have!

EDIT:
Removing would be wrong. Did some research and got some tips. The Show already downloaded maps might be useful after all. "Show already downloaded maps" makes it easier to find your old maps (without browsing your own profile page).

So my new answer for this is to make more space instead and keep the "show already downloaded maps".

How will it work?

What would have worked is to check of the genre you want, or just pick one of them.

If the "checkbox" gets added it would be looking for beatmaps with the genre that has been checked.for an example: I like Heavy Metal, rock, Metal and Anime so I would have checked the "Rock" genre and/or the "Anime" Genre

If the other option is added then it would check for the genre chosen. for an example, Rock or Anime
DevRT
Having more beatmap filters for osu direct would be nice. Maybe even add the recommended difficulty filter.
Mech-N
Id like osudirect to have the same amount of options to search like you were browsing on the website
Yauxo
yes to all three posts above.
Endie-

Yauxo wrote:

yes to all three posts above.
Sandy Hoey
I totally agree with all of those suggestions. I donated because. Ilove this game, but also since I thought Osu!direct would make downloading songs more convenient. But if there is no way for me to discover songs that haven't just been ranked, there really isn't a point.

I read somewhere else to just use the view listing.
My reply is that I might as well just use a browser then
Bara-
Yes please.
Topic Starter
Zalmez
wow! didn't know this would get so many votes ^_^ happy that we share the same opinion :D Hopefully this will be added in the future ^_^
BirdyThePhoenix
If this were added I'd have no reason not to buy supporter status.
Sandy Hoey

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:

This thread is about osu!direct, which you can only get through donating
Bara-

Sandy Hoey wrote:

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:

This thread is about osu!direct, which you can only get through donating
That's what he means
If it's added he has no reason not to buy it--> All the reasons to buy it
Reqayon
I like the idea! I could also imagine a filtering option by category/genre for songs in osu!, not limited to osu!direct. I think that would work just as well. But who knows, maybe they're already working on it for osu!next. :)