forum

Osu! Official Tutorials Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
FAQ

First and foremost, the official FAQ can be found here. This is the single most invaluable resource you can find.

------

Video Tutorials

Getting Started Videos

Dakeyrus

1. Three Part Tutorial
    1. (Part 1) First Steps
    2. (Part 2) Importing Beatmaps
    3. (Part 3) Gameplay Basics
  2. Ranked Beatmap Pack Extraction Video

Beatmap Creation Videos

MOOMANiBE

1. Song Setup and Timing
Sinistro

1. Timing
awp

1. Setup, Timing
  2. Editor Basics, Functionality, Bookmarking
  3. Beatmap Composition (coming soon)
------

Text Tutorials

*COMING SOON*

------

Post here if you plan to make any sort of Video Tutorial and I'll add it to the list. Also accepting written tutorials, as long as they are easy to follow. Even if you don't want to make your own video or write your own tutorial however, ideas on what sort of tutorials you'd like to see would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure any one of us would be willing to pick it up and make it if it sounds like it will aid more people :).

------

Updates:

15/06/2008 - First post of the list so far.
23/06/2008 - Added more tutorial placeholders, changed layout to use lists - Echo
Rolled
Dake has an amazing tutorial voice~
awp
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
Sorry for the lack of activity, good job with that awp :). Thanks for the layout updates too Echo, it's much prettier :D
[deleted user]
so uhhh it keeps saying unknown file type and it makeing me mad so pleas help!
Echo

Axl_Dark wrote:

You're talking about song, right? You can only import mp3 and ogg files. Anything else, like wma or flac, will need to be converted first.
Olinad
I translated the FAQs in italian, you can find them in the italian section
Lilith_old
video helps can be subbed for better understanding?
[deleted user]
Uhmm..... HELPP!!!! LIKE JEEZZZ!! I DOWNLOAD THE GAME CUZ I THINK ITS COOL ,BUT I CANT CUZ THE DAMN THING KEEPS ON FLASHING SNAKE LINES AND I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME AT ALL! IT'S STARTING TO REALLY PISS ME OFF, SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :evil: :x :shock: :shock: >:(
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nardii

CookiieMonstrr wrote:

Uhmm..... HELPP!!!! LIKE JEEZZZ!! I DOWNLOAD THE GAME CUZ I THINK ITS COOL ,BUT I CANT CUZ THE DAMN THING KEEPS ON FLASHING SNAKE LINES AND I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME AT ALL! IT'S STARTING TO REALLY PISS ME OFF, SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :evil: :x :shock: :shock: >:(
Even though I'm not sure what you're talking about, you probably have to turn on 'Limit Framerate' in the options.

Next time you have a problem, post about it here.
mattyu007

CookiieMonstrr wrote:

Step 1: Calm down and stop using all caps and so many emoticons
Step 2: Search the forums, someone else probably has the same problem as you.
tamisko

Echo wrote:

Axl_Dark wrote:

You're talking about song, right? You can only import mp3 and ogg files. Anything else, like wma or flac, will need to be converted first.
how do you convert the song to mp3 or ogg
awp
K2J
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adam2046
I was saying just today that the timing help videos need to be updated.

I think referencing the .osu files is a little unnecessary for a beginner though.
anonymous_old
Yes the importing section beat maps doesn't cover how to import beat map map packs :(
awp
0hwo
I NEED HELP!!!! lol

i made 3 beatmaps and i dont know how to get them to be shared on osu!
plz help lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
ShaggoN
osu! FAQ. Use is and everything will be clear.
show more