forum

[resolved] [invalid] Some requests

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob
I apologise if the following ideas have already been requested. There are too many pages and I don't trust the search engine.

First of all, the scoreboard in multiplayer. I don't understand why it can't be hidden. It's...distracting for me to say the least, especially when it starts flashing to indicate a player overtaking the other. So, my point is, allow hiding of scoreboard in multiplayer. We can keep the placing indication on the bottom right.

Second, the User search. Currently the system works in such a way that we can only find the desired user if we type his entire username correctly. This would mean that if we don't know his/her username entirely, we won't be able to find the desired user for a while. For this I would like to request the typical method of searching for user, instead of the current system.

Now, the idea that would most likely be cancelled even if it's a masterstroke of a genius.

Slider timing differ from normal hitcircle timing in such a way that we can enter the slider at the 100-points timing (or maybe even the 50-points timing - I'm not too sure about this), and complete the slider and STILL get maximum points. So in a way we can spam z/x in slider streams and still get out with maximum points. The request here is to have the beginning of sliders give points the same way as hitcircles as well. This way we can maximise the timing aspect of the game.

Though, if this gets implemented all the scores will have to be reset XD.

Ask away.
Derekku
Multiplayer scorebar: peppy has said no multiple times, so no.

User search: Uh, this one? It already works the way you want it to. I can type in as little as "xxsup" and your page will come up. EDIT: Or do you mean this one? It looks like that one requires the exact name.

Sliders: Slider timing is already much more lenient than hit circles. You can start them early or late and still not lose anything. If you're breaking combo or getting many 100's during slider streams than you're just not being accurate enough.
James2250

Derekku wrote:

Sliders: Slider timing is already much more lenient than hit circles. You can start them early or late and still not lose anything. If you're breaking combo or getting many 100's during slider streams than you're just not being accurate enough.
The request was to stop this, and make it so you can't start them early or late and not lose anything~ :P (although I don't agree with it)
Derekku

James2250 wrote:

Derekku wrote:

The request was to stop this, and make it so you can't start them early or late and not lose anything~ :P
*re-reads* Yeah, you're right. I thought they were requesting it the way it was written.

Well, the score reset alone would make this a bad idea, but I like that sliders are lenient. For one thing, they can be used well for offbeats on easier difficulties where the player doesn't have high accuracy to begin with. Though, even on harder difficulties, lenient sliders can help one to not break their combo if they accidentally hit a slider early/late. I'd really hate to see this behavior changed (just to make things harder).
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob

Derekku wrote:

Multiplayer scorebar: peppy has said no multiple times, so no.

User search: Uh, this one? It already works the way you want it to. I can type in as little as "xxsup" and your page will come up. EDIT: Or do you mean this one? It looks like that one requires the exact name.

Scoreboard: Ok I understand. It's for the multiplayer experience anyway.

User search: Both in fact. I have a friend by the name of NazZzM33. Imagine the PAIN I had to go through on that fateful day when I forgot his name and had to search for it the hard way. If right now I used that bar up there and typed "naz" it would bring me to a page of user "Naz".

EDIT: The idea was not to penalize players for entering sliders early or late by breaking their combo, but by giving them a lesser score than others who time their sliders perfectly. Slider timings and combo breaks to sliders are fine for me now, it's just how we can get away safely with all 300 points even if we enter the slider too early or too late.
adam2046

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

There are too many pages and I don't trust the search engine.
Please use the search bar at the bottom of the page.
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob

adam2046 wrote:

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

There are too many pages and I don't trust the search engine.
Please use the search bar at the bottom of the page.
Search "Naz" and tell me if you can find the desired username "NazZzM33"
adam2046

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I am clearly not talking about the user search.
Derekku

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I have a friend by the name of NazZzM33. Imagine the PAIN I had to go through on that fateful day when I forgot his name and had to search for it the hard way.
Why don't you have him added as a friend, then? :P

The user search at the top of the forums can't really get any better (unless it returned a list of matching results, which might be a bit silly) but I agree that the rankings might be more helpful it they had the same behavior as the forum user search.
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob

Derekku wrote:

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I have a friend by the name of NazZzM33. Imagine the PAIN I had to go through on that fateful day when I forgot his name and had to search for it the hard way.
Why don't you have him added as a friend, then? :P

The user search at the top of the forums can't really get any better (unless it returned a list of matching results, which might be a bit silly) but I agree that the rankings might be more helpful it they had the same behavior as the forum user search.
I already did. I was stating that during the time I was trying to add him as a friend I spent literally hours searching for his name.
anonymous_old

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

"nazzz" works fine.

If a user with the searched name is found, possible completions are searched.

Changing the scoring behaviour of sliders would require a score reset of all of osu!. This is not desirable. I highly doubt this would be added as a per-map option or a mod, too.

Please search before making another request, as your first suggestion has been posted several times.
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob

strager wrote:

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

"nazzz" works fine.
Except during that time I had no idea how many "z"'s his name had. Anyway, it would still be better if the search gave us a LIST of possible names rather than singling down to the most possible name.

Changing the scoring behaviour of sliders would require a score reset of all of osu!. This is not desirable. I highly doubt this would be added as a per-map option or a mod, too.
I understand. Still, it MIGHT be a risk worth taking. And apart from the score reset, what is your take on this idea?

I somewhat had the arcade version in mind (if it ever comes out) when I posted this. It would make osu! less and less like Ouendan and more like it's own game, even though it IS based off Ouendan.

Please search before making another request, as your first suggestion has been posted several times.
I was quite aware of that, but I still figured I'd post it anyway.