forum

General Help for a new player!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PLANT
Hey guys,

I'm just joining up with the community today, as my friends have begged me to give Osu a try! So far, it seems like a blast, and something that I could really have fun playing, but I have a few questions. First of all, I'm in Graphics for school, so I've been playing with my CLT-480 with probably, quarter area. Was starting off with a tablet a good idea right off the bat, or would mouse be better for a new player? In addition to this, I've always been one to want to progress fast, so can anyone offer any advice? I feel like this is a game you only get better at through playing, so please take it easy on me, I'm willing to take advice :)!

Thanks -
zargot
Hello!

First of all, welcome to the game and the forums!

On your question on wether or not you should play with a tablet from the start is up to you. I don't think it is better to start with one or another. It is all just preference.
As for tips about getting better, just play the game basically. You can read som helpful tips in this thread

Hope you'll enjoy your stay here :)
Topic Starter
PLANT
Thank you Zargot! I'll give that a look over :) I certainly am enjoying my stay, even though it has only been a couple hours.
- M o s h i -
If you feel comfortable with the tablet I would say keep playing with it :).

You could try some different areas to see which one fits you the best.

I personally prefer to play with full area, it gives me great control over the cursor and it's not spazzing around. That happend for me when I played with a tiny area. But in the end choose what feels the best for you!
Topic Starter
PLANT
Thank you as well - M o s h i - :) this is what I'm working with right now, as far as my area goes https://gyazo.com/66bdc15f0186d239970f41abfc2472b8
I have been, of course, trying different areas, and this feels the most comfortable to me currently. I don't have too much of an issue with it spazzing around, or throwing me off, right now. I'm also playing on 240fps (rather than unlimited). Everyone told me to give 60fps a shot for now, but 240fps feels so much smoother.
zargot

- M o s h i - wrote:

I personally prefer to play with full area, it gives me great control over the cursor and it's not spazzing around. That happend for me when I played with a tiny area. But in the end choose what feels the best for you!
I completely agree with this. I used to have a area similar to yours [Advisor], but I gradually made it bigger and now I play with a full area. As said in the quote, it gave me much more control over my cursor.

If you would have anything else you want to ask about, feel free to add me and send me a message ingame/here on the forums!