forum

The osu hive mind

posted
Total Posts
show more
Destiny
I can't stand people who try and speak for an entire community as demonstrated by the child who tweeted at pewdiepie. It's a real shame when people just have to shit on anything remotely pleasant.
Lapoozza
I can't say much but I can say this with all honesty.

I was trying to convince my friends to play osu! from the day I joined. What I wasn't able to do for the past 2 months, pdp's video did it instantly.
Myxo
The osu! community is not cancer per-se. They just like to create drama over nothing drama-worthy, but it will be over soon enough if it isn't already.
Faust
Hm.

>Man Pewds is such a cancerous guy
>What ? He's playing osu! ? He's just uploaded the video ???
>HOW DARE YOU BRING YOUR CANCER TO MY CANCER.

I expected nothing less of the general response. Sure enough.
Sey
I thought the first Thread about this topic was enough already, but apparently not. All this Pdp fanbase bashing is getting comedic value already, lol.
Yuzeyun
finally a quality thread about this this post is pointless

Yeah, definitely agree with that. Most people have no clue about the game and would want to simply play it, some watch it just because they like him as a youtuber, to entertain themselves. Pewds is a let's player who happened to sorta like music games and has recorded a video of it, what's the matter? People just want to have fun watching him, why deny every newcomer caused by Pewds' video ? Is his community THAT bad ? I doubt so.

I was one of those who feared what ACTUALLY happened, that is osu!community going dumpshit about this. I knew what was bound to happen right after he announced he had recorded.

Calling a community cancer doesn't make you much of a person. You're just being a jerkass to an innocent community because you can't accept that somebody who happened to have 40 million subscribers played a game and interested some people. If it was Kwebbelkop (2.4M), Squeezie (4.7M), or anyone who has less subscibers, you wouldn't give a flippin' fuck about that.

To get back to the actual hive mind subject, it exists practically everywhere in this community. Mappers get hated for no apparent reason, some individuals get shittalked all the time... And that's going on all the time, always showing its worst side.

-----

TL;DR The video just showed us the obvious, but made more people conscious of what's happening internally of the community - that is: pointless hating because of a few individuals that are idolized by the masses. Imagine that Cookiezi had appeared next to him, they would have STFU.
Rilene
Some people overreacted negatively to PewDiePie's video and how toxic is PewDiePie's immature fanbase (some) community, yet their reaction is already toxic.
Chokladboll
who gives a shit?
Ameth Rianno

Chokladboll wrote:

who gives a shit?
What?

This community is already a big mistake at all.

(my post earlier is posted in the wrong forum sry)
Topic Starter
Railey2

Chokladboll wrote:

who gives a shit?
There are reasons why you could give a shit.

1. when you are part of a community (you have more forum posts than me, even), you always get associated with it
2. Toxicity within the community weakens the influx of new users, but new users are needed in every dynamic community to keep it alive and interesting
3. Idiots can make your life worse, directly. Personally, I'd rather have nice people around..
Nub1
because elitist exist
GAMI

nub- wrote:

because elitist exist
if a elitist exist, there always be a cancer drama

lmoa
Green Platinum

Railey2 wrote:

Chokladboll wrote:

who gives a shit?

1. when you are part of a community (you have more forum posts than me, even), you always get associated with it
2. Toxicity within the community weakens the influx of new users, but new users are needed in every dynamic community to keep it alive and interesting
3. Idiots can make your life worse, directly. Personally, I'd rather have nice people around..
Alot of that left when Ippe decided to make that new osu forum tbh.
Topic Starter
Railey2

Green Platinum wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

Alot of that left when Ippe decided to make that new osu forum tbh.
Agreed. The new forum that Ippe made is a pretty cool place to stay actually.
Green Platinum

Railey2 wrote:

Agreed. The new forum that Ippe made is a pretty cool place to stay actually.
I don't care much for the people there
Topic Starter
Railey2
;(
Green Platinum
We'll see what happens, I might join if it sticks. At this point I just see it as you guys throwing a tantrum over the new forum design despite it still being beta and general animosity towards peppy.
Topic Starter
Railey2
As you can see, I'm active on both of them. I just enjoy being on forums tbh. I don't care to a degree where I see this alternative forum as means of exerting pressure on peppy (not that this would work anyways, haha). For me, it's just another place to be around in whatever manner I see fit. No tantrum no nothing. Take a look when you're interested, stay away when you're not, easy as that.
Green Platinum
I've seen it, It just doesn't have anything I come to the osu forums for anyway.
NaTha
eehh well Pewds played osu!.

it freaking dosent make the game better or worse
Syphist
I thought it was pretty cool he brought attention to the game. TBH people that act like cancer on either side are just gonna make it worse. Why can't we just welcome the new members and show them the proper way to act? People will try to fit in, so they'll act the way the community acts. If people just spam and hate they will think this community is ok with it. I may not like PewDiePie, but I give the guy major props. He has made so much money in such a genuine way and seems like a nice guy. It's not his fault his fanbase looks so immature. That's just my 2 cents.