Chibi Maruko
23:00 please. 18:00 is too midnight for me
Group H
przepson

Chibi Maruko wrote:

23:00 please. 18:00 is too midnight for me
Group H
WHAT??
Nooooo, this is too late to play... for me be 00:00......
21:00 it's okay
kokopanko
I suggest you contact moderator to help you put the schedule in first post.... because it's getting confusing
Chibi Maruko

przepson wrote:

WHAT??
Nooooo, this is too late to play... for me be 00:00......
21:00 it's okay
Ok, 21:00
KarmaLord
what is the timezone of the tournament
Tehron

KarmaLord wrote:

what is the timezone of the tournament
UTC +1
Kazuhiira_
shouldn't group H be playing right now

also none of the admins are on and 2 of our team mates are missing. I understand this is your first tournament but next time prepare a little more
Top Bunk
rip tournament. Shouldn't the "staff" for this tournament be helping to prevent these issues from arising. Not that it really matters to me since I already lost. But I was still looking forward to seeing how this all progressed.
kokopanko

kokopanko wrote:

I'm in last group, I can play from UTC+0 0600 to 1700 except Monday
btw will there be another map pool in SE stage?

Spice wrote:

Schedule for next week (9-14)

Monday: GROUP H 18:00, GROUP I 20:00

Tuesday: GROUP L 16:00 , GROUP M 17:00, GROUP N 18:30

Wednesday: GROUP O 17:00 GROUP P 19:00

Saturday and Sunday: Probably first matches of elimination stage
I specified the time I can play(11hr/24 a day) before the 2nd week schedule is out, I can't play at the time of your arrangement.
Topic Starter
Spice_old_1
Due to insufficient players I'm gonna close the tournament. I'm really sorry for players that actually checked forum all the time, played all their matches so far and did they best. But it's quite pointless when 3/4 players finished their tournament career on registering, when the others were complaining about schedule all the time (and yes, I know that group stage schedule was really bad). The schedule was bad, but that doesnt excuse the people who didnt show up even once, and never said "sorry, but I have no time to play, let someone else take my place". And so far big thanks for players who came to play their matches, and even bigger "thanks" for staff. I am sorry that it finished like that, but just check challonge and see how many walkovers we registered.
I hope that next time will be better. See you someday!
Flutteh
Awww :( Well it was fun to play those group stage matches
Minhtam
Welp, I kind of saw this coming when there were a lot of players that just signed up and then were never seen again.
Top Bunk
Personally I would have just kicked out the inactive players and have the ones who did show up just move on. Instead of canceling the entire tournament over people who clearly don't care enough about playing in the first place. The players who needed to reschedule are fine, because at least they wanted to play, and that can be worked with. But there's nothing else to be done when people decide to not show up without saying anything. So it's best just to treat it as if they forfeit.

At the very least, kicking out inactive players during the group stage will make it so that there's only active players left for the more important part of the tournament. And in situations where 3 out 4 players (or perhaps all of them) failed to show up during the group stage, then have the players who lost (and still want to play) from other group stages take over their spots and enter the main bracket.
Cedo
I agree with Top Bunk. There are always players who don't care about playing so much and I think they can easily be kicked out. Well then, cya guys!
przepson

Top Bunk wrote:

Personally I would have just kicked out the inactive players and have the ones who did show up just move on. Instead of canceling the entire tournament over people who clearly don't care enough about playing in the first place. The players who needed to reschedule are fine, because at least they wanted to play, and that can be worked with. But there's nothing else to be done when people decide to not show up without saying anything. So it's best just to treat it as if they forfeit.

At the very least, kicking out inactive players during the group stage will make it so that there's only active players left for the more important part of the tournament. And in situations where 3 out 4 players (or perhaps all of them) failed to show up during the group stage, then have the players who lost (and still want to play) from other group stages take over their spots and enter the main bracket.
Yea
Then maybe tell to some players how we can get online contact, if when try to contact with staff - then ZONG - NOONE HERE :!: (3x times for me)
OHHHH... how we can knew something when ex. in time play we don't know what do now (yesterday action -,-)
Now one of you say "we gonna close tour" and second say "we gonna kick some inactive players"
WTF, if you can't get good organization and have big problems with this why you make this :?: :?:
Think about this a little...
Vio
Eh? That's a letdown. But nonetheless, I had fun the other day playing with participant and staff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Top Bunk
Contact is also an important matter. Normally whoever is hosting along with the staff would be online to help out, so it's usually not a big issue (though it seems like it was an issue for some this time around). But sometimes it would be helpful to have contact with them outside of the game too.
Something like a Discord channel for the tournament would be helpful. It's easy to make, more and more people have been starting to use Discord, it makes it easy to keep contact and organize things, and it can be deleted after the tournament is over if they want to.

But that's just my opinion on the matter.
Tillster
RIP tournament was looking forward to playing
Vuelo Eluko
top kek
Mirt

Spice wrote:

Due to insufficient players I'm gonna close the tournament. I'm really sorry for players that actually checked forum all the time, played all their matches so far and did they best. But it's quite pointless when 3/4 players finished their tournament career on registering, when the others were complaining about schedule all the time (and yes, I know that group stage schedule was really bad). The schedule was bad, but that doesnt excuse the people who didnt show up even once, and never said "sorry, but I have no time to play, let someone else take my place". And so far big thanks for players who came to play their matches, and even bigger "thanks" for staff. I am sorry that it finished like that, but just check challonge and see how many walkovers we registered.
Damn. Was looking forward to my game today :( Oh well. I'll be joining the next tournament. ^~^
EmeraldStar82

Mirt wrote:

Damn. Was looking forward to my game today :( Oh well. I'll be joining the next tournament. ^~^
One tournament at a time please Mirt. :^)
Ataraxia

Spice wrote:

Oh; -;

but good work Spice and the Staff, all then organized everything properly and more, but the problem is the "WO Players"

but I think that the next tournament will be surely a success. then...

good luck for future tournament's Spice!
Jinn

kokopanko wrote:

rank #21xxx
UTC+8
that accuracy thou
poosl
Time Zone: EST
Suhun

poosl wrote:

Time Zone: EST
Thats one slow internet.