forum

[Archived] Can't use the new stable version on GTX 570

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ninjastarr
Problem Details:
I am told that I have a driver issue when I try to switch over from Fallback to the new Stable version.
However, my drivers were not only already updated, but after re-installing drivers anyways, restarting computer, and then starting up osu!, it still didn't work.
Please help!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Problem itself:
Relevant Photos:
drivers installed

not out of date

installed new drivers (normal drivers and some openGL specifc one)

System Summary

osu! version: 20151016.8 (latest)
peppy
If you are seeing this, you'll need to stay on the fallback release for now. We are working on improving compatibility. You can help us by providing the gl_info.txt file in your osu! folder.
Topic Starter
ninjastarr
Perhaps this is of concern, but... my osu! folder doesn't seem to contain a "gl_info.txt" file.

VeilStar
It should be automatically created in your osu! folder upon launching the Stable, Beta or Cuttingedge release stream.
Not sure if this is even relevant, but you have some files in your osu! folder that don't belong there (and shouldn't serve any purpose) such as d3d9.dll and antilag.cfg. Try removing these and launch Stable again, just in case?
TakuMii

VeilStar wrote:

It should be automatically created in your osu! folder upon launching the Stable, Beta or Cuttingedge release stream.
Not sure if this is even relevant, but you have some files in your osu! folder that don't belong there (and shouldn't serve any purpose) such as d3d9.dll and antilag.cfg. Try removing these and launch Stable again, just in case?
Those two files probably aren't the cause...but the latest build auto-deletes that .dll anyways, so there's no point in keeping them there.