forum

[Archived] OSU Scores.db back up not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
E d g a r
Problem Details: I was curious abotu trying cutting edge out finally but didnt like it, so I reverted back to stable only to find out my scores were all wiped. I did the whole restore "scores.db" back up with a file but every time I launch OSU, it immediately gets overwritten for a score.db with a smaller file size. Right now, the only scores I see are the ones next to the song (on the left). All my local scores are gone.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: n/a

osu! version: 20151011.1cuttingedge
Trosk-
If the replays are in your Data\r folder, they should be imported by creating a new scores.db. To see the "Data" folder, you will need to have the option to see hidden folders and archives on Windows enabled. If they are there, then just close osu!, remove the archive "scores.db" and open osu! again. It should create a new database and import all the Local scores saved in "r".
Topic Starter
E d g a r

Trosk- wrote:

If the replays are in your Data\r folder, they should be imported by creating a new scores.db. To see the "Data" folder, you will need to have the option to see hidden folders and archives on Windows enabled. If they are there, then just close osu!, remove the archive "scores.db" and open osu! again. It should create a new database and import all the Local scores saved in "r".

Ok, so this worked partially. Some scores are back some arent. When I did this for the scores that weren't back on the bottom right I got "unable to read requested replay date" or something along the lines of that. Does that seem right?
julchiar
Same issue here. After letting osu rebuild the scores.db (took around 40 minutes) I'm still missing around 20% of my scores (estimated on .db file size). They don't seem to be in any particular order either, missing scores from 3 years ago along with scores that I did a month back.

I'm not sure why renaming the backup isn't working, I guess it's some sort of version difference backwards compatibility oversight thingy?
Topic Starter
E d g a r

julchiar wrote:

Same issue here. After letting osu rebuild the scores.db (took around 40 minutes) I'm still missing around 20% of my scores (estimated on .db file size). They don't seem to be in any particular order either, missing scores from 3 years ago along with scores that I did a month back.

I'm not sure why renaming the backup isn't working, I guess it's some sort of version difference backwards compatibility oversight thingy?

I have scores from 3 years ago. I should probably let it sit for longer if that's how long it took you. I will update once again in a bit.

Edit: Looks like my game crashed...lol.
julchiar

E d g a r wrote:

I should probably let it sit for longer if that's how long it took you. I will update once again in a bit.
If you close the game before it finishes you need to delete scores.db again and do it all over as it doesn't continue importing scores just fyi.
Topic Starter
E d g a r
I've done the above twice. Still no luck. It may seem all those scores are corrupted/ lost.
TheVileOne
There have been reported issues with cutting edge screwing with scores.db when switching back to stable. You may be trying to use a scores.db with entries that cause errors in stable build. It would be very helpful to have a copy of the db file that is failing.
Topic Starter
E d g a r

TheVileOne wrote:

There have been reported issues with cutting edge screwing with scores.db when switching back to stable. You may be trying to use a scores.db with entries that cause errors in stable build. It would be very helpful to have a copy of the db file that is failing.

Here's the result of my latest attempt at restoring my scores.db

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Windows.Forms.Internal.DeviceContext.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.Windows.Forms.Internal.DeviceContext.Finalize()

And as for the scores.db file

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuqcnwigs9ctb ... es.db?dl=0
TheVileOne
This should be resolved at least for Stable (Latest).
Topic Starter
E d g a r

TheVileOne wrote:

This should be resolved at least for Stable (Latest).

Will report back