forum

[resolved] All my local scores got deleted, twice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reva
Hi everyone! First of all, if I created this thread in the wrong board, please move it. Second of all, well, as said on the title, all my local scores got deleted twice.

The first wave (from day 1 to 6th month local scores) got wiped out completely in the last 2 builds of osu! but my score is saved on the global ranking but not the replay.

The second wave, which happened today, (from 7th month to 8th and a half month) got wiped when I switched from cutting edge to stable. The update was available at that time so I guess it relates to that.

What caused this? Also, when the first wave got deleted I got an error of "Can't find replay" but when the second wave happened, I received no error
Trosk-
There was a bug earlier this week that was screwing the scores database while changing release streams. Take a look to this: p/4576186

MillhioreF wrote:

This happened to me briefly due to a bug in one of the cuttingedge versions corrupting the score database. It has since been resolved, and your old local scores are still safe and can be retrieved.

1) Close osu!, go to your osu! folder
2) There should be a file called "scores.db.63289472985.bak" or some other very large number. Delete your current scores.db and rename this backup file to scores.db.
3) Restart osu! and your local scores should be back (minus any that you set since they disappeared)

Keep in mind that this may or may not happen again if you switch back to Beta, so I recommend picking a release stream and sticking to it for the moment just to be safe.
Topic Starter
Reva

Trosk- wrote:

There was a bug earlier this week that was screwing the scores database while changing release streams. Take a look to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4576186

MillhioreF wrote:

This happened to me briefly due to a bug in one of the cuttingedge versions corrupting the score database. It has since been resolved, and your old local scores are still safe and can be retrieved.

1) Close osu!, go to your osu! folder
2) There should be a file called "scores.db.63289472985.bak" or some other very large number. Delete your current scores.db and rename this backup file to scores.db.
3) Restart osu! and your local scores should be back (minus any that you set since they disappeared)

Keep in mind that this may or may not happen again if you switch back to Beta, so I recommend picking a release stream and sticking to it for the moment just to be safe.
thank you very much. it works :)