forum

Tablet or Mechanical keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya
I saved up $100 (I don't have a job) and I can get either of the things in the title. Which one should I prioritize?
Stuff i want
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue (I want a Blue keyboard :D)
CTL-480

Would the keyboard make more sense because I'll use it for almost everything? I started drawing about a year ago, but I wouldn't say I'd use the tablet for much more than osu.
A Medic

HiroshiKamiya wrote:

I saved up $100 (I don't have a job) and I can get either of the things in the title. Which one should I prioritize?
Stuff i want
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue (I want a Blue keyboard :D)
CTL-480

Would the keyboard make more sense because I'll use it for almost everything? I started drawing about a year ago, but I wouldn't say I'd use the tablet for much more than osu.
Keyboard hands down. You will use they keyboard for nearly everything on the computer and your QOL will go up.
ZenithPhantasm
Keyboard because blues are fun to type on (and great for osu despite what ppl say)
KanoSet
keyboard comes first

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Keyboard because blues are fun to type on (and great for osu despite what ppl say)
i love you
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

keyboard comes first

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

i love you
If only my K70 RGB came in blue switch... ;w; still crying over it
-Ave-
I will go for tablet though I use CTL-480 + laptop switches and they are pretty much okay(?)
Infevo
I would prioritize tablet since you can't start soon enough to learn playing with tablet. you'll just delay the learning curve. also you already have a keyboard. any keyboard will do for the start.

if you really have to watch the budget but want both i would suggest you get a cherry mx board 3.0 with blues and a ctl 480. if you just take a look around youll get both together for 100-120€ in total.
DeletedUser_3905941
cereal or toast
ZenithPhantasm
http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Graphic-Dra ... ords=huion This is probably more cost effective than the CTL-480 and may be a bit better due to the 10% increase in reports per second.
deletemyaccount

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

jesus fuck when I tried using my friend's blue keyboard for a day it was so heavy
ZenithPhantasm

Philantropist wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

jesus fuck when I tried using my friend's blue keyboard for a day it was so heavy
Operating force is only like 55g. Omron switches on mice are 75g+.
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Graphic-Drawing-Tablet-Pressure/dp/B00DKW816K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1445033618&sr=8-3&keywords=huion This is probably more cost effective than the CTL-480 and may be a bit better due to the 10% increase in reports per second.
Even if it costs less, I'm probably going to stay away from Huion. Everywhere I've read didn't have many positive things to say about their build quality.

-idk how to rate best answer RIP. I'll do it on my computer when I get home if I can
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya

Philantropist wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I'm 100% getting Blues. Reds feel scarcely better than my membrane keyboard which actually doesn't feel as mushy as other ones. Blues made gave me handgasms and I've never tried Browns.
Infevo
the problem with blues is that they dont give a perfectly syncronized acoustic feedback with the actuation point. and the reset point is higher than the click distance. and since people tend to bottom out their keys later on anyways blues dont make any sense since the bottoming out is all red switch players need as tactile/haptic feedback. and after a certain amount of time i used blues i didn't even pay attention to the tactility anymore. all that matter was the bottom out feel.
ZenithPhantasm
Huion actually had good quality for almost all the products with the exception being the H420 (which is a budget tablet)
pandaBee
Get a job and get both.
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya

Infevo wrote:

the problem with blues is that they dont give a perfectly syncronized acoustic feedback with the actuation point. and the reset point is higher than the click distance. and since people tend to bottom out their keys later on anyways blues dont make any sense since the bottoming out is all red switch players need as tactile/haptic feedback. and after a certain amount of time i used blues i didn't even pay attention to the tactility anymore. all that matter was the bottom out feel.
I'm just looking for a keyboard that feels really nice to type on while providing a noticeable difference over a membrane keyboard for osu. While most people that have reds say they are much better, I haven't really seen someone that owns blues say they were any worse for osu than reds. If the difference is very big, I'm definitely interested in the K65 for the tkl.

-I guess this turned more into Which keyboard rather than Tablet or Keyboard
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya

pandaBee wrote:

Get a job and get both.
If only I wasn't a high school student with literally no time for a job :(. The way I make money is mowing my neighbors' lawns every couple weeks.
Infevo

HiroshiKamiya wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Get a job and get both.
If only I wasn't a high school student with literally no time for a job :(. The way I make money is mowing my neighbors' lawns every couple weeks.

excuses. whoever finds time to play games like osu! all day should have some spare hours to earn some bucks. there are afternoons, evenings and weekends as well.