forum

[resolved] Local scores disappear after switching versions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Syphist
Problem Details:
All my local scores appear to be gone on the in game client, but are still in the /osu/Data/r/ folder. This is really annoying because I will have to navigate through the folder to find the replay I may wanna watch in the future.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Not applicable

osu! version: 20151009.7cuttingedge and b20150924.4beta
MillhioreF
This happened to me briefly due to a bug in one of the cuttingedge versions corrupting the score database. It has since been resolved, and your old local scores are still safe and can be retrieved.

1) Close osu!, go to your osu! folder
2) There should be a file called "scores.db.63289472985.bak" or some other very large number. Delete your current scores.db and rename this backup file to scores.db.
3) Restart osu! and your local scores should be back (minus any that you set since they disappeared)

Keep in mind that this may or may not happen again if you switch back to Beta, so I recommend picking a release stream and sticking to it for the moment just to be safe.
Topic Starter
Syphist

MillhioreF wrote:

This happened to me briefly due to a bug in one of the cuttingedge versions corrupting the score database. It has since been resolved, and your old local scores are still safe and can be retrieved.

1) Close osu!, go to your osu! folder
2) There should be a file called "scores.db.63289472985.bak" or some other very large number. Delete your current scores.db and rename this backup file to scores.db.
3) Restart osu! and your local scores should be back (minus any that you set since they disappeared)

Keep in mind that this may or may not happen again if you switch back to Beta, so I recommend picking a release stream and sticking to it for the moment just to be safe.
Awesome, thanks.
E d g a r
I did the above and still have the same issue. My letter scores show on the song (to the right) but local scores are all gone. It seems as if tho my osu is just deleted the scores.db I created from the bak file and creating a new one.
-Kaos
But I don't get which is the file that I need to rename.