forum

[resolved] Local scores wiped

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zak
Okay, so this has been somewhat covered in this thread but niether solution has worked, I still have all the files in my r folder and while trying those solutions I did recover some old scores, but nowhere near all. So I'm hoping someone else can give me some possible solutions to help me recover all my old scores.
TheVileOne
If removing scores.db and having it rebuild the database didn't work, then there is likely an IOException preventing the scores from being read. Currently we're not reporting exceptions caused by being unable to add scores from filename, so there isn't much more information I can give.
Topic Starter
Zak
Well one more thing I can provide, when I did remove scores.db and then opened osu, as soon as I went to song select I would freeze momentarily then get his error that would keep repeating and lagging the client until closing and relaunching the game.

Trosk-
Ok, well, this happened to me too. Seems like entering the beatmap selection screen in Stable with a database created in Cutting Edge is screwing the scores database, converting it to a .bak file. So, when I returned to Cutting Edge, what osu! did is to create a new database. When you open the beatmap selection screen, you should see what it's on the image. After that, all the scores were in Local Rankings.

But well, if you are not recovering all the replays/scores after creating a new database, that's probably because those replays are corrupted. I don't think anything can be done about it.

Topic Starter
Zak
Well, this is honestly the second time this has happened, the first time was while messing around with the tournament client, which I do believe I was using cutting edge on, but yesterday when this occurred I was using Beta the entire time.

So either way, if those 2 solutions don't work that means all unrecovered replays are corrupted? I guess there goes 90+% of all my play history.
TheVileOne
You can provide a replay file that doesn't work and I can be the judge whether it is corrupted. Alternatively you could try to import it and see if it imports manually.
Topic Starter
Zak
Sometime tomorrow I'll dig through the folder and see if I can find one myself that won't import whatsoever
Topic Starter
Zak
Okay I was digging through my r folder to try and find out anything that I could, and I think when I first encountered the error that wiped all my local scores, it also just flat out deleted most of the replay files, as I'm finding really big gaps in time when I sort by date created, so I guess I am screwed after all.

I thought that since I was able to recover some of my scores that they were all at least somewhere in there, but I guess I was wrong and what little I recovered is all that was left. Oh well... Thanks for trying to help me out at least.
TheVileOne
I looked at the causes for this notification. Only one of the possible triggers for this notification deletes the replay and it only does so because the date of the score is invalid. Now I'm not sure whether the score is actually invalid or not.
blahpy
I'm having issues with this too. When I change to Stable (fallback) it turns my scores.db into a backup and tries to recreate scores.db again. This takes several hours and will randomly stop and start over again very often (it's only actually succeeded once). The backup works on the new Stable but it just backs it up again if I go back to Stable (fallback) (which is necessary for me to play because the amount of lag I get on the new Stable release makes the game unplayable).
Trosk-

blahpy wrote:

I'm having issues with this too. When I change to Stable (fallback) it turns my scores.db into a backup and tries to recreate scores.db again. This takes several hours and will randomly stop and start over again very often (it's only actually succeeded once). The backup works on the new Stable but it just backs it up again if I go back to Stable (fallback) (which is necessary for me to play because the amount of lag I get on the new Stable release makes the game unplayable).
You can try this, instead of creating a new database:

MillhioreF wrote:

1) Close osu!, go to your osu! folder
2) There should be a file called "scores.db.63289472985.bak" or some other very large number. Delete your current scores.db and rename this backup file to scores.db.
3) Restart osu! and your local scores should be back (minus any that you set since they disappeared)
Linada
Hi, sorry for re-opening this, but i have this problem too, but i'd like to know if it's possible that before i do the backup, is there a way to keep all the new scores i did ? (almost 2 weeks of play, if not i'll just forget about them)
Trosk-

Linada wrote:

Hi, sorry for re-opening this, but i have this problem too, but i'd like to know if it's possible that before i do the backup, is there a way to keep all the new scores i did ? (almost 2 weeks of play, if not i'll just forget about them)
As far as I know this problem shouldn't be happening anymore.
Linada
I mean, this happened 2 weeks ago