forum

[duplicate] New Gamemode Idea

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
BRTJ CritCamp
Hello dear OSU! players,

I've recently came up with an idea that is worth considering, although I don't think it is a very new one.
My idea is to make the relax mode ( only aiming, no tapping ) an official ranked gamemode.
Below here is written as of why I think this is an amazing idea.

So let's kick off with the fact that I'm a left handed tablet player. ( how unfortunate )
I've been playing OSU! for seven months with mouse ( in right hand ) when I felt like not improving with this style.
So I decided to buy a tablet. However it didn't take me a long time to realize that I just couldn't hold the pencil in my right hand.
I knew I had to make a swap with tapping and aiming, so I started practising with my left hand on the tablet, and my right hand on the keyboard.
It took me an amazing amount of time before I could even complete a 4 star map. ( just not - dying )
This was mostly due to the fact that my right hand was rusty and you had to learn tapping simultaneously with aim practise.
Fortunately, I am a piano player so after a few months my right hand came a bit up to speed ( not even close to my former mouse level, though ) and I was able to complete a few 5 star maps and full combo some 4 star maps. However the fun I used to have in the game decreased significantly, due to the fact that I struggled so much with my new play style.

So my tapping was terrible, however my aim skill became absolutely amazing ( judging by my own nooby eyes though ) I double timed 5 star maps with 0 mistakes that made quite proud of myself. At this point, I was enjoying the game to it's full potential.

So I started to wonder, why isn't this amazing gamemode ranked?
The maps would be a bit harder, more technical ( The Big Black - ish ) and faster.
You would be challenged in jumps, patterns and fast streams, resulting in a certain rank ( just like the regular game )

What bothers me the most however, is the fact that I can't see my combo while playing on relax mode as well as the fact that the replays aren't saved. Sometimes I am amazed by a certain performance of my own. but there is no way I can share it or even watch it myself.

So a small summary :

- Left handed tablet player
- Struggling with tapping ( resulting in less fun )
- having an amazing time while playing on relax mode
- No combo while playing on relax mode
- Replays won't save while playing on relax mode

I want to thank everybody for reading this post.
And I hope you will reply with some feedback or other ideas!

Have a great day everyone
Bara-
Seriously?
It got requested 2 days ago
Please use the search
t/373758 (read my post)
Rilene
Aww man, so many duplicates.
So... Which one is the original request?