forum

Should I start playing hard diffs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cheri
When I play Insane diffs I never get above a C or D unless the insane is a bit easy than I have a chance of getting a B . I think it mainly have something to do with my aim and how bad I am with single taping since I either be too fast or too slow.

Would playing the hard diffs and easier insane diffs would help improve my aim and single taping or should I stick with playing the hard insanes like I always been doing?

I play mainly offline so if you look on my page you don`t really see the hard insanes I play since I just started back playing this account.
Sh0keR
I used to be like you, playing insane just to pass maps and get shitty accuracy and score.
Eventually I had to go back to play hard maps, focused on improving accuracy and slowly went back to insane.
Also look how many stars each map has, normal, hard, insane are just names, the stars are more accurate
And when you play hard maps try to get accuracy of at least 97% before moving to insane
Topic Starter
Cheri
Ok thank you for the reply. :)
Minhtam
Honestly, if I were you, I would play on Normal difficulty first. If you're not willing to learn AR 5, that's fine, but Normal difficulty on Hard Rock brings it up to AR 7, so you can at least do that.

If you're still stubborn about learning AR 7, the least you can do is to play Normal difficulty with Hard Rock AND Double Time. That brings AR 5 songs to around AR 9. That way, you will retain the AR 9 you encounter on Insane difficulties, but the patterns you encounter will be much simpler than what you see on No-mod Insane difficulties and will help you develop some semblance of rhythm.
Sh0keR

Minhtam wrote:

Honestly, if I were you, I would play on Normal difficulty first. If you're not willing to learn AR 5, that's fine, but Normal difficulty on Hard Rock brings it up to AR 7, so you can at least do that.

If you're still stubborn about learning AR 7, the least you can do is to play Normal difficulty with Hard Rock AND Double Time. That brings AR 5 songs to around AR 9. That way, you will retain the AR 9 you encounter on Insane difficulties, but the patterns you encounter will be much simpler than what you see on No-mod Insane difficulties and will help you develop some semblance of rhythm.
He still new to the game, he doesn't have to play ar9, he should be fine with ar7
Topic Starter
Cheri
I`m not exactly new... I just haven't been using this account since I use to mainly play offline.

I used to play nothing but normals so I know how to read ar 5 and ar 7 and I have used hr and dt but I don`t really like mods and the only one I use is nf but I am trying to not use that as much.

it just that I`m not really good at hard insanes and above and only get C and Ds and want to improve that.
balldoowell
A lot of people here like jizzing all over accuracy and FC's

Im a speed freak so I'm always playing a hella fast song and constantly challenging myself even if it means I get a sub 90% accuracy

Dont mean to brag but my PP to play count ratio is really good compared to someone that just tries to FC everything
FC's and acc are over rated.
[ Kakuja ]
After a quick look at your profile, I'd say you should play hard difficulty songs until you get 95% (pref 97%) accuracy on most of them. You can play some easier insane beatmaps sometimes to challenge yourself too.
You'll get up to the insane levels pretty quick if you spend some time everyday (example: 15-20 hards and 2-5 easier insanes).

That's pretty much how I do it, i usually count in stars though.
Example
4.5-5.0 star = comfortable zone
5.3-5.5 star = FC / 95%+ able, need couple of plays to learn the map.
5.7-6 star = challenging.

Keep in mind that these are approximate numbers for my own skill-level, there are other factors to count too like the mapping etc.

Sorry if my text was confusing or ''grammar-pls?'', I'm a bit tired. :D
[ Kakuja ]

balldoowell wrote:

A lot of people here like jizzing all over accuracy and FC's

Im a speed freak so I'm always playing a hella fast song and constantly challenging myself even if it means I get a sub 90% accuracy

Dont mean to brag but my PP to play count ratio is really good compared to someone that just tries to FC everything
FC's and acc are over rated.
Aslong you don't start bad habits and start tapping like crazy n' mashin' your keyboard, then this method works too.
8-)
Rilene
You might want to try "+Insane" diff with HT in order to make it to "Hard"
Or maybe play "-Insane" or "+Hard"

+ means harder than average.
- means easier than average.
leepdesu
It's up to you really.
My advice is getting >97% accuracy on hard songs with ease first, then move on to insane.
otoed1
play for accuracy and combo, not for pass.
Minhtam

Sh0keR wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

He still new to the game, he doesn't have to play ar9, he should be fine with ar7
I 100% agree with you there.
ZenithPhantasm
Play maps slightly above your capabilities to improve aim.