forum

Best Wacom Tablet Driver for Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eijikong
Hi everyone i hope all of you to help me i`m using cth480 and driver 6.3.9w5 and it is so shaky i dunno someone said it is good driver any suggestion for good drivers?
Trosk-
6.4.11-4 works perfect.
Infevo
WacomTablet_6.3.9w5

Least input lag. Would never go back to any more recent driver with artificial smootheners.
Bauxe
I used to use 6.3.9w5, but then I just went to latest, because the difference isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be. It won't make you a better player.
Infevo
No, it won't necessarily. But why would anyone want to play with a disadvantage? I don't get it. If you have the choice to play with 0-2ms input lag instead of 5-10ms why would you choose the latter option? Also osu! is all about right/left hand syncronization. The very instance one of your hands has to deal with a bigger input delay than the other you won't be able to sync anything.

And this might be not too impactful if you play streaming maps or maps with low distance snap in general because small jumps with input delay disparities can still be executed with perfect sync of both hands. The bigger the distance between two points of a single jump grows the more you have to be ahead with your delayed "side" to not miss the hit. We are not talking about small acc inconsistencies but the difference between a 300 and a miss.

I just tried the most recent driver with the focus on jumpy 1/2 sections and forced myself to really sync both hands and recognized it immediately. I won't claim this will be on any other user's pc as well but I don't see why I would want to buy useless cursor smoothing for the price of desync and general reaction time.

The absolute tracking stays exactly the same without smoothening and filters. The movement just needs to get processed and not every little nuance of your nib movement is shown. It is merely being processed for a more aesthetic line of movement and I lack to understand where the point is if a player perfectly internalizes his area at one point anyways and doesn't need to perfectly follow the cursor anymore.
[ Kakuja ]

Infevo wrote:

text
No, it won't necessarily. But why would anyone want to play with a disadvantage? I don't get it. If you have the choice to play with 0-2ms input lag instead of 5-10ms why would you choose the latter option? Also osu! is all about right/left hand syncronization. The very instance one of your hands has to deal with a bigger input delay than the other you won't be able to sync anything.

And this might be not too impactful if you play streaming maps or maps with low distance snap in general because small jumps with input delay disparities can still be executed with perfect sync of both hands. The bigger the distance between two points of a small jump grows the more you have to be ahead with your delayed "side" to not miss the hit. We are not talking about small acc inconsistencies but the difference of a 300 and a miss.

I just tried the most recent driver with the focus on jumpy 1/2 sections and forced myself to really sync both hands and recognized it immediately. I won't claim this will be on any other user's pc as well but I don't see why I would buy useless cursor smoothing for desync and general reaction time.

The absolute tracking stays exactly the same without smoothening and filters. The movement just needs to get processed and not every little nuance of your nib movement is shown. It is merely being processed for a more aesthetic line of movement and I lack to understand where the point is if a player perfectly internalizes his area at one point anyways and doesn't need to perfectly follow the cursor anymore.
Oh, this maybe is the reason I can't pass some ''long-jump'' maps with good accuracy the last couple of days, like Remote Control.. something have been feeling weird especially on Remote Control and I'm like: ''Why did I miss that hella easy circle?'' and when I think of it, on all of those jumps the cursor always started to become unstable in the end of a snapping movement between these larger jumps. Which I can't see on my old replays on this beatmap, this only occurs on my newest replay.
I'll check more into it tomorrow, since it could be me becoming unstable this week :P
Topic Starter
eijikong

Infevo wrote:

WacomTablet_6.3.9w5

Least input lag. Would never go back to any more recent driver with artificial smootheners.
its so much shaky though?
Topic Starter
eijikong

Trosk- wrote:

6.4.11-4 works perfect.
all of it would work perfect its about the quality of tracking. specify
Infevo

eijikong wrote:

Infevo wrote:

WacomTablet_6.3.9w5

its so much shaky though?
This is exactly what I thought the very first moment I went for it and replaced a recent driver with the old one after I read Azer's ask.fm and reddit on that matter. I installed it and went right into the game and thought: "WTF! This cannot be right. How am I supposed to play with this shaky cursor?" No control whatsoever. And especially since I use a fairly small tablet area. But I also read from others switching after getting used to smoothening and the delay people recommended just to stick to it. Finally, I recommend just the same. Stick to it! I assure you the "shakyness" doesn't come from a faulty software nor any "bugs" or "problems" with it. It just represents in a more natural and closer to perfect way how your aim actually looks like. Every little nuance of shake in your hand will show on the screen. But to me this is a good thing. It showed me for a good amount of time how shaky my hand was in fact and that I just had to practice and it imroved with each day.
The other thing is once you get used to a certain delay which is caused by the smoothening algorithm you'll naturally have to readjust to the different controls. But as I said. It is worth it and I wouldn't go back to input delay. And input delay to me is a disadvantage and unacceptable.
Bauxe
I can't be fucked reading your post becuase you're another idiot, but the latency isn't 10ms.
dung eater

Infevo wrote:

And input delay to me is a disadvantage and unacceptable.
Are you planning on buying a crt? (~0ms input lag vs ~10ms on your monitor)
ZenithPhantasm

jaaakb wrote:

Infevo wrote:

And input delay to me is a disadvantage and unacceptable.
Are you planning on buying a crt? (~0ms input lag vs ~10ms on your monitor)
Can I buy your GDM-FW900?