forum

Waterflame - Hexagon Force

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gw Wtf
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2016년 2월 11일 목요일 at 오후 7:52:11

Artist: Waterflame
Title: Hexagon Force
Source: Geometry dash
Tags: Geometry dash level 16
BPM: 163
Filesize: 14012kb
Play Time: 01:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. harder (2.16 stars, 157 notes)
  2. Insane (3.36 stars, 227 notes)
  3. Normal (1.82 stars, 116 notes)
Download: Waterflame - Hexagon Force
Download: Waterflame - Hexagon Force (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Finally Hexagon forse is uploaded!

Info:Taiko Map has been deleted. and normal map has been uploaded!

Thanks for modding
-small_hins
-Chibi Maruko
BOBtheman2000
This is well mapped, expecting to see this ranked.
CookieBite
Hello there, from my queue.

Unfortunately, the map is definitely unrankable now. (for me I think)
and I can't really help you fix all wrong place (For me it's like I am the mapper)
so... I just going to give you some tips.
(if you don't understand the tips, google or osu wiki is your best friend)

[Normal]
Grid can be set by using "G" key
Choosing a right distance snap to mapping is hard, try to not let the object too close or too far away.
In 00:10:306 (1) , the spinner and the coming up object should be at least 2 ticks left (it's just an e.g.)
In 00:15:092 (2,4) , they should not be really that close. Some other parts like 00:44:907 (2,3,4) , it can make newbie players confuse.
In 00:50:061 (1,2,3,4) , you can do a blanket. like these :

- from 00:50:061 (1,2,3,4)

- from 01:13:619 (1,2,3)

[harder]
I don't get it why not use "Hard" instead of "harder", is there any reason?
For Hard difficulty, AR should not be that high. Recommend AR = 5 - 6
Slider speed can change in the timing interface
You can create angles in slider by double-click the point. (talking about 00:10:306 (6) )
You can also clone object too. Just select the object, press "Ctrl" and "D" at the same time.

[Insane]
00:32:208 (9,1) - you can do blanket here.
most of the tips I have told you before.

Anyway, this map need more improvement.

should I say "gl with your map"? ...whatever
gl with your map!

oh btw, I've used 2 hour to mod the map... zzZ
Topic Starter
Gw Wtf

small_hins wrote:

Hello there, from my queue.

Unfortunately, the map is definitely unrankable now. (for me I think)
and I can't really help you fix all wrong place (For me it's like I am the mapper)
so... I just going to give you some tips.
(if you don't understand the tips, google or osu wiki is your best friend)

[Normal]
Grid can be set by using "G" key
Choosing a right distance snap to mapping is hard, try to not let the object too close or too far away.
In 00:10:306 (1) , the spinner and the coming up object should be at least 2 ticks left (it's just an e.g.)
In 00:15:092 (2,4) , they should not be really that close. Some other parts like 00:44:907 (2,3,4) , it can make newbie players confuse.
In 00:50:061 (1,2,3,4) , you can do a blanket. like these :

- from 00:50:061 (1,2,3,4)

- from 01:13:619 (1,2,3)

[harder]
I don't get it why not use "Hard" instead of "harder", is there any reason?
For Hard difficulty, AR should not be that high. Recommend AR = 5 - 6
Slider speed can change in the timing interface
this one
http://puu.sh/mWybD/988a77d04d.jpg
You can create angles in slider by double-click the point. (talking about 00:10:306 (6) )
You can also clone object too. Just select the object, press "Ctrl" and "D" at the same time.

[Insane]
00:32:208 (9,1) - you can do blanket here.
most of the tips I have told you before.

Anyway, this map need more improvement.

should I say "gl with your map"? ...whatever
gl with your map!

oh btw, I've used 2 hour to mod the map... zzZ
Thanks for modding! I will fix it when I have some time!
And There has a 'harder' diff in Geometry dash, So I named it harder. Hehe. And I never give uo that this map will get ranked.
CookieBite
Looks like you will never give up...
shoot star!

(you can say it's M4M reward... right?)
Topic Starter
Gw Wtf

small_hins wrote:

Looks like you will never give up...
shoot star!

(you can say it's M4M reward... right?)
Thanks for encourage me:)!
(And it is M4M reward. ő^ő)
Chibi Maruko
Hi. From my queue

What the heck 6 days silenced :/

Harder
  1. 00:00:920 (2,3) - Use DS 1.2x. Not recommend DS coz look unrankable
  2. 00:02:944 (1,2) - Why u add finish at two notes? I think it's not suitable. Remove these
  3. 00:08:834 (1,2) - These too
  4. 00:09:754 (3,4,5,6) - Like first comment or stack these

Insane
  1. 00:03:865 (3) - Maybe Ctrl + G is fine
  2. 00:13:067 (6) - You should NC here to make better flow
  3. 00:16:012 (6) - This too
  4. 00:32:944 (2,3,4) - Maybe stack is fine
  5. 00:48:957 (5,6,7) - I think this triple look kinda look bad. Try fix to stack or straight or curve or something
  6. 00:55:950 (1) - Why is this long spinner? It's not suitable for this part. I hope u stop spinner this at 00:57:423 yeah mean stop at big white tick
  7. 01:16:571 (1) - Please use DS

Ok, gl with ur map \:D/
sorry /me run away
Topic Starter
Gw Wtf

Chibi Maruko wrote:

Hi. From my queue

What the heck 6 days silenced :/

Harder
  1. 00:00:920 (2,3) - Use DS 1.2x. Not recommend DS coz look unrankable
  2. 00:02:944 (1,2) - Why u add finish at two notes? I think it's not suitable. Remove these
  3. 00:08:834 (1,2) - These too
  4. 00:09:754 (3,4,5,6) - Like first comment or stack these

Insane
  1. 00:03:865 (3) - Maybe Ctrl + G is fine
  2. 00:13:067 (6) - You should NC here to make better flow
  3. 00:16:012 (6) - This too
  4. 00:32:944 (2,3,4) - Maybe stack is fine
  5. 00:48:957 (5,6,7) - I think this triple look kinda look bad. Try fix to stack or straight or curve or something
  6. 00:55:950 (1) - Why is this long spinner? It's not suitable for this part. I hope u stop spinner this at 00:57:423 yeah mean stop at big white tick
  7. 01:16:571 (1) - Please use DS

Ok, gl with ur map \:D/
sorry /me run away
Thanks for modding!! It will be good help!:)
RogueKitten
K heres some modding XD

There's no source. Although Hexagon Force is a song in GD, it doesn't mean it came from it. It is an independent song that is merely featured in Geometry Dash.

Also, "harder"? Capitalize the "H", and even though Harder is a GD difficulty, this is osu!, and I would recommend renaming it to Hard. That's a good pro tip. Nobody is going to mod a map with typos in the diff names, they'll assume your map will be terrible.

The background and video is a slap to the face for Waterflame. This song is independent from GD! I recommend using the proper image for Hexagon Force, here's a link to it:
http://waterflame.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hexagon_force.jpg Sorry that it's on wikia, the image is for some reason really hard to find... Or you can just use kawaii anime backgrounds. :P Also, while playing osu! over a video of GD gives a cool and trippy effect, I recommend removing the video still.

Also, the hitsounds drown out the music completely. In order to be able to even freakin' hear the music, your volume needs to be at 30, and then the hitsounds, which seem to be always at 100%, will kill your ears! I can't even tell if the music syncs well with the hitcircles because I can't hear the music! Get a better .mp3 and tone down the hitsound volume!

The timing multiplies itself by one at the beginning to change its hitsound sample to soft. Remove that and just edit the first timing section to have the soft sample (If you don't know how, click the timing section, then go to the Audio tab, then select Soft... XD sorry I don't know how much you know about mapping but it looks like you're kinda new to it :) )

I'll edit and put in diff-specific mods later :)
Topic Starter
Gw Wtf

RogueKitten wrote:

K heres some modding XD

There's no source. Although Hexagon Force is a song in GD, it doesn't mean it came from it. It is an independent song that is merely featured in Geometry Dash.

Also, "harder"? Capitalize the "H", and even though Harder is a GD difficulty, this is osu!, and I would recommend renaming it to Hard. That's a good pro tip. Nobody is going to mod a map with typos in the diff names, they'll assume your map will be terrible.

The background and video is a slap to the face for Waterflame. This song is independent from GD! I recommend using the proper image for Hexagon Force, here's a link to it:
http://waterflame.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hexagon_force.jpg Sorry that it's on wikia, the image is for some reason really hard to find... Or you can just use kawaii anime backgrounds. :P Also, while playing osu! over a video of GD gives a cool and trippy effect, I recommend removing the video still.

Also, the hitsounds drown out the music completely. In order to be able to even freakin' hear the music, your volume needs to be at 30, and then the hitsounds, which seem to be always at 100%, will kill your ears! I can't even tell if the music syncs well with the hitcircles because I can't hear the music! Get a better .mp3 and tone down the hitsound volume!

The timing multiplies itself by one at the beginning to change its hitsound sample to soft. Remove that and just edit the first timing section to have the soft sample (If you don't know how, click the timing section, then go to the Audio tab, then select Soft... XD sorry I don't know how much you know about mapping but it looks like you're kinda new to it :) )

I'll edit and put in diff-specific mods later :)
Thanks for Advice!
MBmasher
Normal
  1. 00:15:460 (3,4) - Distance snap these two
  2. 00:39:386 (3,4) - Stack probably looks better
  3. 00:50:797 (3) - You should extend this slider to 00:51:349
Harder
Nothing to say here. This is pretty good.

Insane
  1. 00:12:699 (3,4,5) - Stack looks better here.
  2. 00:18:588 (3,4,5) - same as before
  3. 01:27:239 (3) - you should add another circle 1/2 beat before this (stacked)
  4. OD is too high. Change it to somewhere between 6.5 and 8.
  5. HP should be somewhere between 5.5 and 6.5
First mod, so sorry if this sucks.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.