forum

[duplicate] Serious discussion on relax mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gnoske
Hello there :)

Okay so first of all i just want to point out that i know there are already many threads about this, but none of them i could found actually offered a solution to the problems, so i thought i'd write it all in one spot and try to come up with some solutions.

So, many osu! players have rsi or start to develop simular symptoms. When i play, i usually play with relax mod on, to save my hand. (i really don't want to get rsi). There are however so many things about the mod that removes a big chunk of what i think is fun with osu! :/

First of all: Local replays doesn't automatically save. I like to set up goals and beat myself, and seeing my old scores on local ranking makes it so much nicer. I know it's possible to hit f2 and go into the osu! folder then open the replays, but that is not far as smooth as having them automatically stored. So i would really like replays with relax to be saved in local rankings. If this can be a problem/people don't want relax plays in their replays, then maybe a setting for it would be a good solution.

Second: It's like having shift+tab activated all the time when playing, and no combo break sounds are heard. This is VERY irritating, i want to know how i'm doing at any given moment in the song. In this category also goes that you don't see your misses and the wierd scoring system. I understand there must be a way to tell right away if someone who is playing is using relax, to avoid cheating on streams and simular. A good solution would maybe be a little icon of the relax mod underneath the keystroke counter on the right, and in front of the score on the scoring screen (impossible to remove with skinning of course). So if it could be possible to make the mod act like any other mod in osu! (with it of course still being unranked) it would be really awesome!

I have thought of the possibility of adding a separate ranking for this relax mod, but at a second thought it's not a good idea. Youtube would be flooded with videos like "Big black FC! while it's actually relax mod, so that wouldn't work. Also it would take a lot more server power to have more separate toplists, so it's not a good idea.

I really hope this could be fixed!
Bara-
1.) Requested before
2.) Requested Countless amounts before
I'll search for those threads later, a bit busy now ;__;

1.) t/267171 - Latest post was 46 hours ago, seriously?
2.) t/16005 - To show misses/HpBar
p/1838835/ Duplicate, gets linked to ^

Please search properly next time, I didn't have to serach long
Just type Relax in search