forum

AxS CtB Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sartan
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE

The mappools may be reverted before 23:00 UTC, it seems that there was a misscommunication between the members of the mappicking team. If there are any questions or complaints about this I will try and answer them as soon as I can.
Nekuro
To be honest, i think putting lots of ctb specific maps doesn't make it harder (there are almost 50% of them ctb specific maps). I don't think these maps are that hard for most of the team here. Most of them are easy to combo and even easy to fc in just first try, especially those who plays ctb specific maps often. It'd be better if you pick maps that are hard to combo or hard to fc. Usually these maps have different kind of rare and hard-to-fc patterns. This way players will train more frequently because they got to play something different than just your usual ctb specific patterns.
It's just a mere suggestion though not going to complain, either way is okay but if this isn't too late you can at least reconsider..
good luck! ;)
Kosmit
@He Ang Erika

I think that converts are excellent, also CtB maps are really good.
On the other hand I'm surprised that you gave so many CLSW and Spectator maps, as if the others mapers dosen't exist.
Sartan
Hello everyone, sorry for being a bit later than promised but we decided to keep the mappool as it is, it would be annoying for everyone to change things last moment. We do however promise that this confusion won't happen with the final mappool for the last round(s). Our apologies, once again. Have a great day/night!
Kosmit
I am keen to see map pool :) it will be available today?
Topic Starter
Wesley
Yes Kosmit, map pool will be released as soon as we get a hold on the map pickers; just want to confirm something (might be today and otherwise tomorrow (tuesday))
Sartan
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =879049870 , these are the schedules for the last round, we still need to hear out something from the mappickers about the tiebreaker pick, so that will be posted tomorrow (tuesday). Good night!
Sartan
Hereby the final mappool for this years' AxS tournament, best of luck to the remaining teams!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =797203465
Hirikoshi

Wesley wrote:

Mod rules

[*] There are 6 NoMod, 4 Hidden, 4 HardRock, 4 DoubleTime, 4 FreeMod and one Tiebreaker maps.
So, why you put 6 maps into the FreeMod section?
BoberOfDarkness

Hirikoshi wrote:

Wesley wrote:

Mod rules

[*] There are 6 NoMod, 4 Hidden, 4 HardRock, 4 DoubleTime, 4 FreeMod and one Tiebreaker maps.
So, why you put 6 maps into the FreeMod section?
Well done
Sartan
So that was it guys, the grand final of the AxS tournament has been played, crowning Coke Team to be the winning team, 1 Miss Gods being 2nd and Chrząszczyżewoszyce 3rd. But aside from that this has been a pretty long and certainly interesting journey for the staff and I. We have had moments where we totally didn’t feel like hosting, but those moments were overwhelmingly overshadowed by the good and fun moments. We saw many good games as well as 1-sided matches, we saw players work hard as well as we saw chill and laid back players, both performing top-notch. But in a general sense this first AxS tournament was a big success and I had never anticipated that it would go this smooth and nicely. I am very happy about all the feedback we got throughout the matches and I am even more glad that we (hopefully) gave a fun experience to quite some players! So thanks a lot for making all this possible! Definitely expect more tournaments to come once we had our rest and make up some new original and fun ideas.

Cya around and take care!
Ascendance
waah so close finals ;w; gg to coke team, beat us twice >w>
autofanboy
GGWP everyone

Congrats to Coke Team, also our team and Chrz... Polish Team!
Have a nice day!
Kosmit
Another good tournament ended.
The whole team will be waiting for the next edition.
Congratulations Coke Team and 1xmiss gods.

alienflybot wrote:

Chrz... Polish Team!
Made my day.
Topic Starter
Wesley
Congratz to Coke team, 1 miss gods and Chrząszczyżewoszyce for getting 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

Also a big thank you to everyone who participated and for everyone who helped/assisted us!
A shout out to He Ang Erika, CLSW, Shyeart and Setomi for helping out big time; couldn't have done it without you all!

As Sartan said, we will be hosting some other tournaments later on again, might be a normal tournament without any crazy calculations or it might be something different again; we will see!

We'd love to hear any feedback so we can use that for any further tournaments.

It was fun!
Akenoo
Thanks for this amazing journey amazing matches strreamers map selectors etc

Coke team waiting to next edition axs tournament and defend winner title O3O
Colin
Hi
autofanboy

Colin wrote:

Hi
wot???
Colin

alienflybot wrote:

Colin wrote:

Hi
wot???
O: alien 👽
moncar321
is this still active ?
Topic Starter
Wesley

moncar321 wrote:

is this still active ?
Since it's from last year, i'd say no

t/513337 this one is from this year (almost over too)
autofanboy
wait for 2017-2018 maybe