forum

[duplicate] Make filters channel-specific

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
With all the word-filters being added, sometimes i happened to encounter a foreign word getting "filtered" becase it contains one of the "bad words" in the middle of it.
Most of the time this happens with "fag" (in #italian at least, i stay there most of the time), because lots of words use that in the beginning/middle, but occasionally happens with other words too.

EDIT: oh, this also happens when using /np, the song name gets "filtered".

So my request is: is it possible to set some words differently for one or more channels?

Suggestions/ideas are welcome.
Mashley
skyscrapers
grapes
Derekku
As Mash stated, filters need to be re-worked anyway, although it might be pretty low on peppy's todo list.
Jarby
I don't think peppy's in any fffy to make any changes to how filtering currently works.
Zekira
This is also pretty annoying in #filipino lol

Support, definitely
Esupanitix

Jarby wrote:

I don't think peppy's in any fffy to make any changes to how filtering currently works.

But on a serious note, the fillters do need reworked. Many new kids will go what the #%$& at "ffffy" or "skysckisser" or sckiss or "<Saturday with the "turd" filter in it> or "sailove" for those who would actually say "saihate in chat.

I support this and the suggestion of words only being filtered if the word in question of filter is the entire word itself.
Luneko
how about a setting to deactivate word filter? ô.o
nevermind im stupid
Firo Prochainezo
Am I the only one with the filter off?
Claudia_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I think so, apart from me, but we're 8-)

But seriously, a solution would be to just turn the filter off.
Derekku

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

The filter in options is different from the universal filter. The filters are in place due to people abusing different words.
Ekaru

E-Hooker wrote:

I think so, apart from me, but we're 8-)

But seriously, a solution would be to just turn the filter off.
Type "gay fag rape" in chat, and ask someone who has the filter off what they just saw. I assure you that it won't be "gay fag rape".
ouranhshc
can we atleast remove the "trout" filter
Jarby

ouranhshc wrote:

can we atleast remove the "trout" filter
No. Never.
FireballFlame
Why does that filter even exist? I thought annoying ppl are supposed to get silenced...