forum

Notice something about Mode-specific maps on song selection [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
arien666
Well...
As I sometimes make 'Taiko-only' diffs, I'm sometimes happy or sad :3

Because, when I'm on osu!standard song selection screen and I'm going to play Taiko-only diff,
The ranking says that 'No Scores submitted' so I worried about this thing.

Is there any people who is confused by that comment?
Then, he/she plays that song and he/she says that 'WTF Taiko-only/CtB-only ??? NOT osu!standard???'
Therefore, I will suggest about noticifion of Mode-specific maps :3
Then, It might be helpful at least for some people orz...

ps. Whatever, [Denied]???
Derekku
So basically changing the message to say "This is a Taiko/CtB-specific difficulty".

This would actually make a lotttt more sense than just "no scores achieved".

+Support ;P
K2J
Support.
Xgor
Wouldn't it be better if the difficulty only show up in the mode you have selected :?

Well, atleast this is better than how it's currently is.
Feno_old
I could be wrong but isn't there a faint taiko drum symbol in the background when you have a taiko map selected(in the song selection)? That may just be when you're in Special->Taiko though...
But if there is, perhaps make that a bit more apparent? If it's not there, maybe adding that is a solution?
Derekku

Xgor wrote:

Wouldn't it be better if the difficulty only show up in the mode you have selected :?

Well, atleast this is better than how it's currently is.
That would probably be confusing (and might make people think that a difficulty is missing).

Feno wrote:

I could be wrong but isn't there a faint taiko drum symbol in the background when you have a taiko map selected(in the song selection)? That may just be when you're in Special->Taiko though...
But if there is, perhaps make that a bit more apparent? If it's not there, maybe adding that is a solution?
Perhaps, but changing the message would be waaaaaay more visible.
TheVileOne
This also bothers me. It would be a LOT better if that message was replaced with a custom message related to the gamemode it was made for, perhaps even with mode specific colors.
deadbeat
there is the little icon beside the difficulty name if its a ctb/taiko only difficulty. i don't remember what the online ranking board area looks like though and sadly i can't check that right now.

i'm also sure that there'll be one for osu!mania difficulties as well at some point in time before anyone asks
theowest
added
TheVileOne
I rescind my comment then. Apparently I haven't looked at a taiko only map in awhile. Still, I did my job. One less request resolved.