well im making a game...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]
want it to be kinda like this one but not so much
In the music aspect yes
In the gameplay aspect no

I wanna make a main menu screen that's plays music like osu!
if any of you know how to do that in gamemaker: studio you should post here it'd help
Kyozoru
Rhythm Game?
A Medic
Did you try searching up tutorials on youtube?
Shohei Ohtani
If your game concept right now is only a menu screen and a vague "i want to make it like osu but not" then you have a lot more planning (and assumedly code learning) to do
Flanster
I've made a pixel version of osu!'s startup and menu screen with GM.
Making a rhythm game with Game Maker is gonna be quite the challenge if you ask me :(
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]
i am almost finished spriting for a demo version i will release soon enough
once i get down with what i put in the original post which is the startup screen
thats like osu! with the music player then my game will mostly be finished and
the rest will be a breeze.
Plane
I'd recommend planning it out a little bit more. by little bit more I mean A LOT more.

Also, for making a game like osu! , don't use any game makers. Learn a bit more about programming before attempting to make a game.
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]

Plane wrote:

I'd recommend planning it out a little bit more. by little bit more I mean A LOT more.

Also, for making a game like osu! , don't use any game makers. Learn a bit more about programming before attempting to make a game.
I got it all planned out
I'm just asking for the main menu screen
Plane

[ HDthunder ] wrote:

Plane wrote:

I got it all planned out
The main menu screen? So you want us to spoon-feed you the main menu screen because you're too lazy to look up a couple tutorials or look around on the internet for what-- about ten or twenty minutes? If you don't understand how to create a main menu with a music player then you shouldn't be attempting to create an entire game.

LoliFlan wrote:

I've made a pixel version of osu!'s startup and menu screen with GM.
Making a rhythm game with Game Maker is gonna be quite the challenge if you ask me :(
This is the reason you don't want to do it. Making a rhythm game with GM is going to ruin you.

I'm honestly not too sure how limited GM is, but I know it's not something like C++ or /pretty much any other language/ that you could create a game in. And if you're that devoted to this project, take some programming classes! You'll learn a lot very quickly. I'm taking one currently and self-teaching myself more along the way in C++.
Daxxor

[ HDthunder ] wrote:

want it to be kinda like this one but not so much
In the music aspect yes
In the gameplay aspect no

I wanna make a main menu screen that's plays music like osu!
if any of you know how to do that in gamemaker: studio you should post here it'd help
Rather vague but okay. Pretty sure there are enough tutorials or how-to's on the internet explaining Game Maker.
To be honest, Gamer Maker isn't really difficult. With a bit of background knowledge you learn the software in a few hours.
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]

[ HDthunder ] wrote:

Plane wrote:

I got it all planned out
The main menu screen? So you want us to spoon-feed you the main menu screen because you're too lazy to look up a couple tutorials or look around on the internet for what-- about ten or twenty minutes? If you don't understand how to create a main menu with a music player then you shouldn't be attempting to create an entire game.

I've done main menu's before i just want the music player with it
I never asked for spoon feeding i just want someone to point me
in the right direction. and no i'm not lazy I've already put 15+ hours
into it just spriting and putting in movement codes and obj's.

you dont even know what your talking about...
Flanster

Plane wrote:

bla bla stuff!
I've only just got used to C#, im not rushing with C++ just yet.
Shohei Ohtani
Yo tbh this game better be fucking kickin or youre just gonna look like an asshole lmao
Aurani
Jesus Christ CDFA, stop acting like your uncle raped you repeatedly when you were a kid and leave the guy be.
Plane

LoliFlan wrote:

Plane wrote:

bla bla stuff!
I've only just got used to C#, im not rushing with C++ just yet.
C++ is only difficult when you get into advanced stages. And once you do.. it's seriously a nightmare.
IppE

Plane wrote:

C++ is only difficult when you get into advanced stages. And once you do.. it's seriously a nightmare.
You wanna take C99 for a spin?
Shohei Ohtani

Aurani wrote:

Jesus Christ CDFA, stop acting like your uncle raped you repeatedly when you were a kid and leave the guy be.
i need purpose in my life.
Aurani
Pick on someone like a mod, tell them they suck at moderating, and you wouldn't be telling lies. :p
Shohei Ohtani
but that's what I do with Loctav
Plane

IppE wrote:

Plane wrote:

You wanna take C99 for a spin?
DeletedUser_3905941
c++ is garbage anyway