forum

[invalid] Osu Songs Folder Song-Extraction

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
phxvyper
The ability to extract songs from your beatmaps library would be nice. Especially if you have hundreds of beatmaps in your Songs directory.
My friend essentially requested that I make a tool for this, so I did, but I think it'd be a cool feature to have built into Osu!.
Bara-
Oh dear
Not sure if I like this or not
I tend to say no

Also, when Osz2 comes out, you are not able to manually edit anything inside the song's folder, making this obsolete

Oh. Osu is not a music player Downloader, it's a game
Topic Starter
phxvyper

Baraatje123 wrote:

Oh dear
Not sure if I like this or not
I tend to say no

Also, when Osz2 comes out, you are not able to manually edit anything inside the song's folder, making this obsolete

Oh. Osu is not a music player Downloader, it's a game
I'm a tad pessimistic about the Osz2 since I've seen little to no discussions or news about that being implemented, and its been talked about for over 5 years.

I've been using it for both. Seems alot more efficient for me to download a slew of beatmaps from osu!direct and use this, than to download those beatmaps, and then go find those songs in multiple different websites in order to download them - if i can find them, that is.

Theres no real downside to having something like this implemented, is there?
Bara-
Well, look at it like this
You are using this to download tons of music (FOR FREE!!!)
XinCrin
There are a lot of tools for this. I don't agree with this
Exa
Go into the songs folder and search for .mp3
Sort by name and scroll down to the initial letter of your song. It will be there :3
Topic Starter
phxvyper

Exa wrote:

Sort by name and scroll down to the initial letter of your song. It will be there :3
But what if you want to extract ALL of your beatmap music files, and you have several beatmaps? It would be excruciatingly tedious to have to sift through each of the mp3 files and make sure its the actual beatmap's song file and not some skin sound or something or other.
Bara-
That'd take up a ridiculous amount of space
I for example have nearly 10k beatmaps, with a total size of 30 GB
As all songs need to be copied, that means at once, over 20GB of .mp3 files are just copied (thus doubles in size)
That's just ridiculous
Just do it manually
Exa

phxvyper wrote:

Exa wrote:

But what if you want to extract ALL of your beatmap music files, and you have several beatmaps? It would be excruciatingly tedious to have to sift through each of the mp3 files and make sure its the actual beatmap's song file and not some skin sound or something or other.
Search for .mp3 and do Ctrl+A Ctr+C Ctrl+V. Job done.

Edit: Ye, Ctrl+V. Don't wanna print anything >.<
Bara-
Ctrl P?
Don't you mean Ctrl V?
Topic Starter
phxvyper

Baraatje123 wrote:

That'd take up a ridiculous amount of space
I for example have nearly 10k beatmaps, with a total size of 30 GB
As all songs need to be copied, that means at once, over 20GB of .mp3 files are just copied (thus doubles in size)
That's just ridiculous
Just do it manually
The idea originally came from someone who has a massive library of beatmaps. I told him I could make the tool, so I did. But I figured that it could also be a feature that is built in, and theres no reason for it not to be.

You don't have to copy the music if you don't want to, so the problem of it taking up double the space isn't a problem.
Mafumafu
Uhm but oughtn't this to be in Development forum?
Bara-

Regraz wrote:

Uhm but oughtn't this to be in Development forum?
Nope
It's an F-req to let osu automtically do this
Myxo
Well, remember that most songs in osu! are copyrighted, I can imagine the concept is already rather risky at the moment (if you take a look at the strikes we already got from artists) but peppy won't encourage you to use osu! as a source for free mp3-files officially, heh.
I also wouldn't recommend you to make the program public in case you will code it.
TheVileOne
This contributes to a purpose of using the songs for reasons other than playing beatmaps. Such functionality is best left to third party software IMO.