forum

Idea for update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alib234
:idea: so my idea is if u have 2 pc's and they are long distance and u dont want to type all of them beatmaps once at a time game should save all your beatmaps in some idk server? and then if u log in from another pc the beatmaps from other pc would be imported good idea?
Okoratu
seeing how my beatmap folder has several GB in size transferring it to a remote server over a network would not only take a decent amount of time, it'd also skyrocket traffic as well as put up servercosts because someone has to store the amount of data you want to transfer.

With the amount of people just going inactive every day this would also mean you have a redundant set of data for a lot of people who won't even use this and the benefits of it is convenience for the amount of people who happen to own 2 or more pcs and play osu on two or more of them
and uhh tbh that's not the majority of the playerbase and it'd most likely come along with infrastructural expenses on the developing side so I don't see the urgent need nor a very valid reason as to why this should be a thing

also this is a feature request because well you're requesting a feature lol
Zallius
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/283399/start=0&&hilit=synctoy Wastes your money for your benefit and keeps osu! running free.
Temu
Couldn't they just make a list where it says the songs you have downloaded, instead of making a backup of what ever songs you have. This way when you log in to a different PC the songs would just download instead and there's no need for backup.
XinCrin

Temunish wrote:

Couldn't they just make a list where it says the songs you have downloaded, instead of making a backup of what ever songs you have. This way when you log in to a different PC the songs would just download instead and there's no need for backup.
t/270446
A Medic
That would require a large amount of server space, but its' not a bad concept imo.