forum

antiPLUR - Speed of Link

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yauxo
Good ol' 2015 diffnames
Straw Hat
Shouldn't it be 2885m/s rather than 2855m/s according to the magnitudes of speed? :P :P :P
MillhioreF
Hi, ktgstar! Just here with a couple of potential gameplay issues I wanted to point out and get opinions on. This mapset is surprisingly solid, given what it is, but I really feel like it ought to have more mods from people who can actually play this speed (if there even are any). Most of these are just suggestions, but I strongly urge you to consider them and at least fix the overmapping on the highest difficulty.
As a disclaimer, I did play the highest two difficulties with halftime while testing, so I'd gladly welcome second opinions (preferably by a very high ranking player).
[General]
- There's an inherited point on top of the first timing point that doesn't actually do anything, so it probably ought to be removed just for cleanliness.

- Your BG is 1315x768, which doesn't match any aspect ratio. This is apparently fine according to the ranking criteria, and changing it now might cause issues with the storyboard, but that's still pretty weird and might cause unwanted letterboxing or stretching.

[2 855m/s]
People are saying that this difficulty should be named 2 885m/s, the speed of some hypersonic sled or something. I'm not very familiar with that, but I can't find any significant speed that's exactly 2,855m/s, so something to look into. The difficulty itself is fine.

[1 000 000m/s]
00:13:553 (7,1) - I really don't like this jump because of the weird anti-momentum that's built up by the previous pattern.
01:49:051 (1,2,3,4,5) - You put the triple here on a different place in the beat than everywhere else on the map. If there isn't a specific reason for this, you should change it for consistency's sake.
02:03:947 (1) - should probably end at 02:05:751 for consistency with the spinners on the lower diffs.

[100 000 000m/s]
00:25:755 (2,3,4,5,6) - Not really a fan of the way this flows, I'd recommend moving (3) upwards. It makes that note much easier to read too.
01:43:892 (6,1) - Considering the intensity of the pattern leading up to this, snapping backwards at the end just doesn't feel right to me. I'd recommend moving the next pattern a little further down and right if you can, but if it breaks the flow of the next section of the map too badly then don't worry about it.

[200 000 000m/s]
01:04:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This trips me up every single time. I find it really difficult to read both due to the overlap on (2) and (6) as well as (3) through (6) suddenly lowering in speed.
01:11:141 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - I'm really not a fan of this section, it feels like you're just mapping random sharp snap-jumps for the sake of difficulty here.
01:39:787 (1,2) - Stacking the (2) under the (1) creates a weird anti-flow here, which is strange since you don't do that anywhere else in this section. It's probably fine but I'd like more opinions on it.
01:43:472 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Even though this plays fine, it still feels like an unnecessary difficulty spike IMO.

[299 792 458m/s]
00:33:681 (10), 00:34:594 (10), 00:35:505 (10) - Overmapped. There are already enough beats in the song to map without adding extra circles where there's nothing in the music, so remove these, please.
00:45:369 (4) - I can't really hear any 1/3 audio behind this particular slider, which feels extra awkward since you made 00:46:167 (8,9,10) 1/2 notes when the 1/3 is still clearly going. The future repetitions of this pattern are a little bit better in that regard, though.
01:18:895 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This whole part flows pretty badly IMO, especially since the huge jump to 01:19:352 (1) suddenly changes direction and makes following the next notes difficult.
Considering the ridiculous bpm involved with this map, I think you really did do a great job with it.
Best of luck with the modding process!
Ameth Rianno
Nerova Riuz GX

MillhioreF wrote:

Hi, ktgstar! Just here with a couple of potential gameplay issues I wanted to point out and get opinions on. This mapset is surprisingly solid, given what it is, but I really feel like it ought to have more mods from people who can actually play this speed (if there even are any). Most of these are just suggestions, but I strongly urge you to consider them and at least fix the overmapping on the highest difficulty.
As a disclaimer, I did play the highest two difficulties with halftime while testing, so I'd gladly welcome second opinions (preferably by a very high ranking player).
[General]
- There's an inherited point on top of the first timing point that doesn't actually do anything, so it probably ought to be removed just for cleanliness.

[100 000 000m/s]
00:25:755 (2,3,4,5,6) - Not really a fan of the way this flows, I'd recommend moving (3) upwards. It makes that note much easier to read too.
01:43:892 (6,1) - Considering the intensity of the pattern leading up to this, snapping backwards at the end just doesn't feel right to me. I'd recommend moving the next pattern a little further down and right if you can, but if it breaks the flow of the next section of the map too badly then don't worry about it.
omg the first disqualification in my life.
k i think i have already fixed both of them.
http://puu.sh/ldGwN/d9c1ae3244.rar

=================================================

MillhioreF wrote:

[200 000 000m/s]
01:04:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This trips me up every single time. I find it really difficult to read both due to the overlap on (2) and (6) as well as (3) through (6) suddenly lowering in speed.
01:11:141 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - I'm really not a fan of this section, it feels like you're just mapping random sharp snap-jumps for the sake of difficulty here.
01:39:787 (1,2) - Stacking the (2) under the (1) creates a weird anti-flow here, which is strange since you don't do that anywhere else in this section. It's probably fine but I'd like more opinions on it.
01:43:472 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Even though this plays fine, it still feels like an unnecessary difficulty spike IMO.
01:04:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think 6 is fine on readability but that slow down is kinda weird, and i can't find any consistent part about this one too. most of the jumps are much bigger than these ones. idk but doing Ctrl-G on 01:05:325 (4,5) - might work, though you might to adjust some angles or sth else
01:39:787 (1,2) - I saw some 1.4x/2.1x DS on similar parts, so if you're going to change this I'll suggest to put (2) on (102,151)
01:43:472 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This one is pretty fine to me because it's more like a stronger emphasizing on every 4 or 8 long white ticks? idk how to explain, but it's placed just on the 3/4 of kiai so i think it's not really need to be fixed

MillhioreF wrote:

[299 792 458m/s]
00:33:681 (10), 00:34:594 (10), 00:35:505 (10) - Overmapped. There are already enough beats in the song to map without adding extra circles where there's nothing in the music, so remove these, please.
00:45:369 (4) - I can't really hear any 1/3 audio behind this particular slider, which feels extra awkward since you made 00:46:167 (8,9,10) 1/2 notes when the 1/3 is still clearly going. The future repetitions of this pattern are a little bit better in that regard, though.
01:18:895 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This whole part flows pretty badly IMO, especially since the huge jump to 01:19:352 (1) suddenly changes direction and makes following the next notes difficult.
it's too hard for me
00:45:369 (4) - i don't think this one should be changed because i can still hear that 1/3 sound behind, and it's loud enough to be audible in gameplay. Though that sound is not that loud as those 1/3s after this one, but it is placed with a reverse slider for a hold which won't totally break those non-1/3 notes before this, and also can make people notice the 1/3 on that stream.

Sorry, I tried to help
If i did anything wrong or stupid please slap me hard
Cubzy
rip
Topic Starter
ktgster

MillhioreF wrote:

[1 000 000m/s]
02:03:947 (1) - should probably end at 02:05:751 for consistency with the spinners on the lower diffs. - I think ending with the higher diffs is more fitting
The rest of the stuff are fixed. Will be awaiting more opinions (if possible).
I also have permission to adjust SW's difficulty for these mods.

Arphimigon

Arphimigon wrote:

[S/W's Ultra]
00:29:176 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Due to stacking direction, hitting that stack after the last three notes sucks. There's more spacing than intended and you kinda have to move back on yourself. I'd manually stack this, or make it into a slightly spaced stream going left, but auto-stacking ruins it. - reversed the circle line instead
02:02:838 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Nazi thing but the slider isn't in the line made here *runs* - fixed

MillhioreF

MillhioreF wrote:

[200 000 000m/s]
01:04:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This trips me up every single time. I find it really difficult to read both due to the overlap on (2) and (6) as well as (3) through (6) suddenly lowering in speed. - avoided the overlap on 6 and changed the angle
01:11:141 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - I'm really not a fan of this section, it feels like you're just mapping random sharp snap-jumps for the sake of difficulty here. - removed the stacking to be more consistent with the previous part
01:39:787 (1,2) - Stacking the (2) under the (1) creates a weird anti-flow here, which is strange since you don't do that anywhere else in this section. It's probably fine but I'd like more opinions on it. - moved the two to a more convenient spot
01:43:472 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Even though this plays fine, it still feels like an unnecessary difficulty spike IMO. - I think this is fine. It is emphasizing the snares on the 1/2's.

Rohit6

Rohit6 wrote:

[200 000 000m/s [SW's Ultra Extreme]]
00:18:115 (6,1) - DS isnt consistent with the rest of the jumps in the section even though the music doesnt change - I'd say it is fine. The (1) is NC'd indicating a new set of notes
01:38:735 (8) - Missed a clap - fixed hitsound issues
01:45:472 (8) - ^
-Visceral-
Idk how accurately I can apply suggestions right now since I'm still without a decent computer. Q_Q
MillhioreF
Looks solid to me now. I still have my doubts about some of these ridiculous patterns, but I think a lot of it is just due to the super high BPM; at some point, the best way to get pro player feedback is probably to actually put the map in qualified.
Rebubbled!
E14
I wanna see my top comment again in beatmap scores ;^;
Kyubey
This music is charming.
Spaghetti
dooooooo doooo doooooooooooooooooooooo doooooooooooooooooooooo
Okoratu
guys the sb goes back to black before reaching the result screen if you press nothing, when watching a replay this looks kinda stupid
ComfyWolf

Okoratu wrote:

guys the sb goes back to black before reaching the result screen if you press nothing, when watching a replay this looks kinda stupid
I'll look into it now, it shouldn't be that way.
ComfyWolf

Okoratu wrote:

Oh I see. It's always been that way cause of the timing of the song's ending. It looks fine, so I don't see reason to change it.
Okoratu
you can just avoid this by having the default bg visible for like 1 second after mp3 end or 2 but if you enjoy the bg suddenly becoming pitch black shortly before the score listing then ok
przepson
WTF THIS DIFF'S xD
Now i thing star system be little broken xD

Gj, epic map :D
Luel Roseline

Well done.
I checked the storyboard, a little parts bothering to me.
H1ko
Auto cant SS 200 000 000m/s diff. :o
Nerova Riuz GX

H1ko wrote:

That's your own problem.

PureFallen

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

H1ko wrote:

That's your own problem.

The user simply use an other version of Osu!.

I have the same "problem" with the cuttingedge build :D
Topic Starter
ktgster

5522Luca wrote:

The user simply use an other version of Osu!.

I have the same "problem" with the cuttingedge build :D
With Cutting Edge b20151119.9

I see no problems here
Yuii-
Probably your PCs are lagging over some really heavy patterns considering the storyboard can take a while to load, maybe? I don't know, but Auto can SS it perfectly here, as well.
ComfyWolf
Same on my end with my storyboard at 0% dim.

(NOTE: Sometimes posting a comment during a replay can break the combo or acc)
Kayla
its absurd that this is ranked. it looks like a hardcore practice map. next we rank kirby maps.
some people just want to see the world bleed.
ComfyWolf

Kayla wrote:

its absurd that this is ranked. it looks like a hardcore practice map. next we rank kirby maps.
some people just want to see the world bleed.
Yes we do, and it is fucking hilarious. >:)
Luna_Hime
纸张一样的麻婆、做出这么傻逼的图泥自己能打么?1star不谢
Lami
[200 000 000m/s]

01:56:473 (6,7,8) - DS mistake

/me run away
xdgalaxyxd
Cookiezi we need you :(
unko
why the fuck did you map the car noises
unko
why the fuck is it jumpy