forum

Custom Osu! Firmware for ThreeKeyBoard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mukti
I recently got a ThreeKeyBoard to use with Osu!, but my key presses were not recognized in the game. The full issue (with video) is documented here.

I reached out to TechKeys about this, and they think it is due to the way that you program the keyboard (hold one of the keys for a few seconds). The developers are creating a custom osu! firmware for this, and they want to know what keys we would want. I was going to use esc, z, and x (from left to right); but would anyone else want to use something different? I don't want to tell them to go with that if more people would prefer something else.

I was originally going to leave this post in the help section, but I wanted to get more visibility.
IamBaum
I personally would suggest to choose another Key config, using z and x as default controls is always troublesome for qwertz Keyboard layouts (The Key Positions would be X and Y for your keyboard layout).
So ppl who would change frequently between these ThreeKeyBoards and normal keyboards would be forced to change their key setup every time.
Edit: Well i have no personal key preference, since i don't play osu!std. But good luck with this :)
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
irrlux
I don't own that ThreeKeyBoard and I'm not aware of the microcontroller, therefore I sadly can not provide a custom firmware...
- but I think a custom keyboard hook could solve the issue. In case you haven't received a solution from the devs yet, I could code a hook this evening.
As this hook may looks suspicious in terms of hacking, I would like to get a short clarification from someone who is more involved.

On a side note: try enabling and disabling Raw Input in the osu!-options.
Topic Starter
mukti

shazuro wrote:

I don't own that ThreeKeyBoard and I'm not aware of the microcontroller, therefore I sadly can not provide a custom firmware...
- but I think a custom keyboard hook could solve the issue. In case you haven't received a solution from the devs yet, I could code a hook this evening.
As this hook may looks suspicious in terms of hacking, I would like to get a short clarification from someone who is more involved.

On a side note: try enabling and disabling Raw Input in the osu!-options.
We haven't received custom firmware yet, but if you have something that might work, let me know. I'd be willing to test.

I did try with Raw Input, and that didn't resolve the issue either.